Community Forum

My Account was hacked on 9/20/2018

New Poster

My Account was hacked on 9/20/2018

I've been calling every day for 9 days with no helop except to change apsswords and such to no avail. When  someone finally fixed the issue, I recieved 3 phone calls asking me what happened to their wifi. Why won't Comcast help me? It is the same old script as I'm tell them I  can prove it. On 9/20/18 I heard keys being clicked and a  ays okay at 415am, I didn't know then that my life will be turned upside down by the hacking and Comcast. Please help me!! Call me I have the 3 phone numbers. 

Expert

Re: My Account was hacked on 9/20/2018

Sorry, what exactly has been hacked here? Your Comcast account? Your internet gateway? 

In any event, to prevent any further unauthorized logins and changes, change your password, then you need to enable Multi Factor Authentication for your account. Once that's done, any attempted login will require your permission from your smartphone. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: My Account was hacked on 9/20/2018

Hello, Helpme555. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

We take account security very seriously here and I would like to help you. Can you please elaborate on exactly what kinds of troubles you were experiencing with your services? Were you seeing any errors or unauthorized changes to the account? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!