Community Forum

Multiple Year Customer Being Treated Very Unfairly

New Poster

Multiple Year Customer Being Treated Very Unfairly

I currently have both TV and internet through Comcast, and my total bill comes out to just shy of $140/month.  There was recently a new user deal for internet only for less than $50/month ($45 if I sign up for eco-bill and 1-year agreement).  I almost never use the TV, and wanted to switch to an internet only plan.

I understand that I am not a new user, and am not eligible for the new user promotion, but I am being told that it is not possible for me to switch to an internet only plan with the same speed at anywhere remotely near the internet only price...in fact, my last conversation with customer support would have had me paying nearly double for just internet!  Adding TV adds in the multiple fees and taxes that drive your base bill up considerably, and I genuinely have no interest in doing that unless the price were drastically reduced to the point that those fees don't result in me paying nearly $100/month more than a new user just to get the same service I want to get.

I enjoy the internet service I currently receive through Comcast, and do not want to change providers, but see no reason why I should partner with a company who has no issues charging FAR in excess of any other provider's offer. I feel that this practice is exactly why Comcast has suffered with customer satisfaction in the past.  I don't want to be told that I "received an offer when I was a new user."  I want an explanation as to why it is remotely fair to charge a loyal customer for 5 years almost 3x the price a new user has to pay without offering any avenue for a reasonable compromise.  $10/month cheaper for a new user...makes sense, but locking me into a $140 bill with no other reasonable alternative when I can clearly see they exist when I check deals without logging in...I have a serious issue with that.

Comcast, tell me why I shouldn't switch to one of my town's other providers.