Community Forum

Moving to a Non-Servicable Address - Told No ETF fee

Regular Visitor

Moving to a Non-Servicable Address - Told No ETF fee

Hey guys,

I am a comcast customer in a 24 month agreement. When setting this agreement up, I specifically asked to ensure that no ETF would be charged if I moved to a non-servicable address. I knew I was looking at purchasing a house in the near future when setting this up, which is why I specifically asked. With closing on the new home a little under a month away, I called customer service to put in a cancellation order, and of course was told that an ETF would apply. 

Upon being told this, I asked to speak to a manager and was told that "managers do not take calls". I have not even been able to plead my case to anyone at all, I've been a comcast customer in some capacity for at least 4 years (as long as I've been graduated from college living on my own) and don't expect to be treated in this manner. I'd really appreciate some help with this matter!

Expert

Re: Moving to a Non-Servicable Address - Told No ETF fee

@fsuguy1992 wrote:

Hey guys,

I am a comcast customer in a 24 month agreement. When setting this agreement up, I specifically asked to ensure that no ETF would be charged if I moved to a non-servicable address. I knew I was looking at purchasing a house in the near future when setting this up, which is why I specifically asked. With closing on the new home a little under a month away, I called customer service to put in a cancellation order, and of course was told that an ETF would apply. 

Upon being told this, I asked to speak to a manager and was told that "managers do not take calls". I have not even been able to plead my case to anyone at all, I've been a comcast customer in some capacity for at least 4 years (as long as I've been graduated from college living on my own) and don't expect to be treated in this manner. I'd really appreciate some help with this matter!

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that wasn’t what was told to me (I know for a fact that I specifically asked the question at purchase).

Definitely hoping to get some help from the Comcast team on this one.
New Poster

We currently just bought a house outside of service area we were also told there would be no charge for early termination due to no fault to us , was we lied to yes they told us this and then when we tried to cancel services they are trying to charge us. Well we have proof that your customer service agent told us this it's called a recorded call . We loved the service and was hoping that they did service the area but after all this bull were not happy. I know my legal rights and i read agreement and the first one stated no early termination fees if moved to non service area and then i received another agreement saying it does apply. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Valued Contributor

The agreement never stated that the ETFs would not apply if you had to move to non serviceable address. You may have read it wrong CallieJones. Your agreed to the terms, so Comcast is in their legal rights. Just saying, it would be a waste of time trying to take it to court, it blatantly lists terms of ETFs. An agent may have told you this, and those calls could be pulled, but you still had a seperate agreement you signed off on that stated these terms as well. Aside from that, congratulations on your new homes.
Frequent Visitor

Supervisors DO take calls. Call back and request a supervisor.

Official Employee

Hello Calliejones123. It is true that if you are in a minimum term agreement and you move to a location where you cannot transfer your service,  if you need to cancel your service, an Early Termination Fee will be charged. I can assist with reviewing your service package and agreement details. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.