Community Forum

Moving to Non-Service Area

New Poster

Moving to Non-Service Area

I have been a Comcast client for several years for TV and Internet so I've paid my share of dues.  I have been trying to get new service at my new property 3 minutes away for two months.  Comcast is currently available less that .5 mile down the road.  I've explained that I will be needing two accounts at this new location.  The first surveyor stated service was no where near me which was wrong.  I did my homework and provided currently service addresses and even a Coax Plant location coordinates.  Once again - told "area is not serviceable due to a construction issue".  

Well I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion.  I would think Comcast would want an extra $300+ a month account for straight line construction under .5 mile.

Official Employee

Re: Moving to Non-Service Area

Hello KMartin50, I can submit a serviceability request on your behalf but it sounds like we have already done this for your area twice. If indeed two survey techs went out and saw that the address or location is unserviceable then there is nothing more that we can do to bring services to your new home. Please feel free to reach back out to me here if you need any additional assistance or if I can address any more concerns you may have.