Community Forum

Moving to New Construction - when to schedule install? Red flags on address?

Frequent Visitor

Moving to New Construction - when to schedule install? Red flags on address?

My wife and I are purchasing a new construction house on a road serviced by Comcast (with houses on both sides already serviced by Comcast.

My wife tried to begin the process towards getting service started/ready for after our closing date, but has so far been met with roadblocks - including a final statement that the address has now been redflagged and we cannot request anything for it.

I'm curious what the expected process is here - must we wait until after closing to schedule any type of install? Is there anything we can do in advance?

Expert

Re: Moving to New Construction - when to schedule install? Red flags on address?

@Patriotsfan83 wrote:

My wife and I are purchasing a new construction house on a road serviced by Comcast (with houses on both sides already serviced by Comcast.

My wife tried to begin the process towards getting service started/ready for after our closing date, but has so far been met with roadblocks - including a final statement that the address has now been redflagged and we cannot request anything for it.

I'm curious what the expected process is here - must we wait until after closing to schedule any type of install? Is there anything we can do in advance?

Yes.  You don't own the property as of yet.  An account is tied to the property address as well as the account owner.  At the moment your property/address is still owned by the bank.  Once you sign the papers and the Post Office has your address and utilities are turned on you will be able to have service installed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Moving to New Construction - when to schedule install? Red flags on address?

Hello Patriotsfan83, the information that (Again) shared is absolutely correct. Once all of your paperwork is completed for the land and the home you will then be able to start the process to get Comcast services out, but without ownership of the property we cannot start a survey request which is why the red flag was placed on the account for future requests. Please reach back out here if you have any further questions about this policy, thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi Patriotsfan83, I don't see a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.