Community Forum

Moving existing telephone number to new account

New Poster

Moving existing telephone number to new account

I have moved into a new home and i went to xfinity and explained to them that i wanted to keep my existing number. Employees at the store said the best way to do that was to set up a new accout and then when my move was completely done then i could transfer the number. This is the route i decided to take because it was recommended by comcast. It now has been two months now and i still have two accounts and everytime that i try to move the number they inform me that someone will call back in 24-48 hours to confirm so i can close the old account out as well as open the new accout with my current creditials. Every time someone tells me that they have switched it though i still see it active on my old account.

Expert

Re: Moving existing telephone number to new account

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Moving existing telephone number to new account

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.