Community Forum

Moving and can't get my service transferred and I don't understand why

Regular Visitor

Moving and can't get my service transferred and I don't understand why

I am moving in a few weeks and wanted to transfer my services. The new place is literally less than a 3 minute drive from where we live now. For some reason, I'm being told that Xfinity doesn't service the area. I have checked and every residence and business in the same town has access to Xfinity. I find it hard to believe that this one property cannot get service.  I had called a while ago and someone was supposed to go out and check. When I  called back to get info, they couldn't find that I had ever requested anything. This is very frustrating! Can someone please help me?

Valued Contributor

Re: Moving and can't get my service transferred and I don't understand why

It sounds like a serviceability request was submitted, but the agent couldn't find it. I would try and have another agent search for it, and if they can't find it, have them submit a new one and GET THE TICKET # !

Also, there are reasons why some addresses can not be serviced, besides Comcast not covering the area. Is there service currently on your street? If not, it may not be available just yet (new build?) If the house is more than 300 feet from the road (or tap, not sure which), then construction sometimes will deny service, or require a plant extension, which the customer has to pay a portion of before they will even try to install it.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the reply.

I had already called and asked for another serviceability request. The agent I spoke to stated they just did not service that address. I asked then why did neighbors have it and never got a straight answer. 

And to answer the other questions. Yes, there is service on the street.  The home is not a new build nor 300 feet from the road.  So tap may be the issue.  Is there any direct line to the person or people that I could discuss getting a plant extension with?

Official Employee

I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.