Community Forum

Moving and Comcast not available where I am moving to

New Poster

Moving and Comcast not available where I am moving to

Hi - I am moving and my new location is not serviced. I am on a contract and would have stayed with Comcast if available. I just spoke to a cancellation rep and he told me I need to pay an Early Cancellation Fee. He said it is my fault that I am moving to a place that does not offer Comcast. Aside from the terrible customer service, this practice seems illegal (if not just straight unfair). Has anyone else had this issue. Thanks in advance. PS> I love (d) Comcast. What a terrible last experience. And what does the customer remember best...their last experience. I am shocked tonight....

Expert

Re: Moving and Comcast not available where I am moving to

Except with the way the rep told you, basically they were right.  If you're in a contract and move out of Comcast territory you're responsible for early termination fees.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Hi Again - that is crazy that you have to pay if you move to a non service area. Seems to defy logic...but anyways, I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to comment. I went and pulled my legal agreements and only see 4, none of which say I am in a contract. Am I not reading this right? Thanks again!

image.png

Official Employee

Thanks for providing that valuable information 'Again'.

Hello @SteveA4. I can assist with a review of your account to see if there is any agreement showing for the services that you are disconnecting. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.