Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Moving: Website's Egregious Error

Regular Visitor

Moving: Website's Egregious Error

Hello,

I was a Comcast customer for several years and I recently moved to a new address (not sure if I should provide the address). I work from home and I need quality internet service to conduct my business. Several weeks ago, before I moved, I checked Comcast's website to see if they serviced the new address and it showed that they did. It even showed plan packages for that address. After purchasing my new home and selling the previous, I went to move my Comcast services and was told that they actually do not service my area. I was told the nearest line is 4 miles away. As you can imagine, this was extremely dissatisfying to hear. Why would the website show it as serviceable when it isn't? Why even have a system in place if it isn't even accurate? This is unbelievable and, unless I am missing something, a horribly gross error on Comcast and the moving website system.

Of course, when I check the website now, it says that the address does not show up and I should call Comcast. However, when I check a neighboring address, it again shows up as serviceable, but apparently it is not. I made a move for my family assuming (based on the website) that I would have the internet tools to run my business. The only other option is Hughes Net, which is essentially not an option. Is there nothing that can be done? I want to stay calm, but this error has made the past couple weeks very stressful. 

Thank you for any help you can provide

Admin1

Re: Moving: Website's Egregious Error

Hi Brose6 -- I can help with your serviceability request. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and phone number. I will work with our serviceability team to see how we can get service extended to your location.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.