Community Forum

Moving Nightmare. Making the simple seem impossible.

Regular Visitor

Moving Nightmare. Making the simple seem impossible.

On 5/9 I clicked on "Move or transfer service" and followed the easy wizard. I chose 5/16 for the move date and selected a 5/15 late afternoon service appt. I agreed to the fee because it is a new townhouse so it needed a new install. All went well.
On Saturday I was called by CS to verify the order. The agent said that the appointment the system gave me was no good and I would be contacted. Fine.
On Tuesday the 24th I had net heard from anyone, so I called CS. The agent said there was nothing indicating an appointment . She was reall great and supportive, and was able to set me up with an early Thurday (5/16) appointment.
Yesterday (5/15) I looked at the service order in my online account, and it was for my existing service, not the address I'm moving to.
So I called again, and it was chaos. They had to get a supervisor and a manager to scratch their heads and figure out what do do. I was on the phone for over 20 minutes. I was told they had to put in a "work order" or something to create the address since it is new, and that might take 72 hours! Then they can actually start the moving process.
What kind of Keystone Cops system is this?
So now it's moving day, I have no idea what is actually going on or when it might happen. There are no email acknowledgements or records in my account documenting any of these conversations. I have no idea if the last phone call was as big a waste of time as using the online moving wizard was a week ago.
Imagine if you placed an order with Amazon or interacted with their customer service and they didn't keep of record of it. Preposterous, right?
BTW, my billing address has been wrong for 5 months because there is appears to be no way to change it.
account #  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Official Employee

Re: Moving Nightmare. Making the simple seem impossible.

Hello artworksmetal. We welcome you to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. We apologize your experience in getting your service transfer setup has been frustrating. I'd like to assist in reviewing the account, address, and any pending orders, to help you get your new home setup with Comcast service. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

Please refrain from posting personal information in the public forums, as doing so is a violation of Xfinity Forum Guidelines, and  puts your personal information at risk.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Moving Nightmare. Making the simple seem impossible.

Hi artworksmetal. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!