Community Forum

Moving Abroad. Sold condo where service is contracted.

Regular Visitor

Moving Abroad. Sold condo where service is contracted.

I am moving abroad end of May 2018.   New owner will take posession on May 15, 2018. How do I close my account and return the equipment?  What if the new owner of my condo wants to simply transfer the service or upgrade current equipment?  

Expert

Re: Moving Abroad. Sold condo where service is contracted.

@deanablackwood wrote:

I am moving abroad end of May 2018.   New owner will take posession on May 15, 2018. How do I close my account and return the equipment? 

Take your equipment to your nearest Comcast store; you can then close your account.  Or, you can take your equipment to a UPS store and turn it in there [make SURE you get a receipt and keep it handy, even during and after your move], and then call Comcast to notify them you are closing your account.  Note: If you are in a contract you will be charged an early termination fee of $10 x the number of months left on your contract.

What if the new owner of my condo wants to simply transfer the service or upgrade current equipment? 

It is better to let the new owner establish new service rather than transfer your account to them.  This way should there be a problem with the transfer you would not be involved.  And, as a new customer, the new owners will get their own discount, if they are not already a Comcast customer.  If they are already customers, they can transfer their own account over with no problems since you will have canceled your account.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!