Community Forum

Moved to New Address, but No Service until May 12th!

Highlighted
New Poster

Moved to New Address, but No Service until May 12th!

Hello,

My wife and I just moved into a new house (we are first time homeowners...very exciting!) and had our internet service set to transfer to the new address. We were having trouble getting the service to work via the self-install option so I called Xfinity customer service to see if they could help me get it activated.

After an hour-long call, it was determined that the internet service to the house was turned off from the outside. When I went to schedule the appointment to get a technician out to turn it back on, I was told that the soonest they could come out was May 12th! I couldn't believe it! We have to wait a whole month just to get our internet reactivated?! Surely there must be something we could do to improve that, but unfortunately I was told that's the best they could offer.

Is there anything we can do to get our service activated any quicker? My wife and I are both forced to work from home due to the coronavirus and we really can't afford to be without internet for a whole month. I was just looking to see if anyone had been through a similar situation and could provide any advice.

Thanks for reading!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Moved to New Address, but No Service until May 12th!

Unfortunately, the Covid 19 virus is affecting techs as well as you. There may be cancellations along the way but it’s tough on everyone

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!