Community Forum

Moved out of area

New Poster

Moved out of area

I just moved out of area and was informed service wasn't offered in my area then was told I would be charged a termination fee I told them it's not my fault they don't offer service here and they said the only way I could get the termination fee reduced is if I have the people moving into my old house sign up for their services (not happening ) I always had problems with my bill going up and was a customer for 3 years and get told I should of thought about the contract I signed before moving so angry right now
Expert

Re: Moved out of area

Chrissynbill23 wrote:
I just moved out of area and was informed service wasn't offered in my area then was told I would be charged a termination fee I told them it's not my fault they don't offer service here and they said the only way I could get the termination fee reduced is if I have the people moving into my old house sign up for their services (not happening ) I always had problems with my bill going up and was a customer for 3 years and get told I should of thought about the contract I signed before moving so angry right now

Unfortunately, if you move and are in a contract and move to an area that Comcast doesn't service you will owe an early termination fee.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Moved out of area

Hello Chrissynbill23, the information provided is correct. The ETF charges would be valid.