Community Forum

More awful customer service

Contributor

More awful customer service

When will Xfinity fix this problem?

On Monday, May 14, I called Xfinity Customer Service because the cable lockbox fell off the back of our house, and was hanging by the cable. The agent said that I would receive a phone call in the next 24-48 hours about having it replaced. I never got a phone call.

Later that evening (May 14), an Xfinity technician showed up at our house. He looked at the hanging box and said that he didn’t have a replacement box or the right tools in his van to replace it, but he would return the next day. He never returned.

On Friday, May 18, I tried an online chat with Jishan. He said that our repair work was on the schedule for that date and we should expect the repair. That never happened either.

So I’ve corresponded with 3 Xfinity employees, all of whom gave me different and conflicting information, and the repair work still hasn’t been done. The back of the lockbox has an open hole facing skyward, and with the rain we had last night, I wouldn’t be surprised if water was collecting in the lockbox.

We have not yet had any problems with our internet or TV service, so we’re probably not a repair priority. Despite those contacts, I’ve not received a phone call or email from Xfinity either.

We’ve had some good luck with Xfinity service in the past, but this is awful.

Official Employee

Re: More awful customer service

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Official Employee

Thank you again Mark and I apologize for the delay on this. I am reaching out to the local market in your area to have them get this completed. I do see there was an order for the 18th and it is still open. As soon as I get an update on this issue I will definitely get back with you. 

Contributor

A Comcast supervisor called this afternoon and said he would be out in 30 minutes. He was, and he replaced the broken lockbox with a new one. It only took almost 5 weeks.

Official Employee

Hi Mark, 

I'm following up for Shane who is out of the office for a few days. Thanks for updating your post and letting us know the lockbox has been repaired. I reviewed your account and do see that the job has been completed on our end and there are no pending appointments scheduled. Thanks for your patience while we got this taken care of. If there's anything else we can assist you with, don't hesitate to reach out. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!