Community Forum

Modem

New Poster

Modem

Comcast sent me  new modem and said I requested it.  I didn’t !  Also wants me to install it.  Said my old modem will not work after 1/25/2018.  If they don’t send a tech here it won’t get done and I will simply change.  Terrible service !

Official Employee

Re: Modem

Hello Johnandevey, if you received a modem in the mail that you did not request you can take it back to a Comcast service center and return it there. You can also stop at any UPS service center and they will ship the equipment back to our warehouse for you. If you decide to keep the modem I can schedule a tech to come out and install it, please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

If there is no cost to me, then send a tech out to install.  Otherwise I will take it back to Comcast.  Thanks

Official Employee

You'r welcome. There is a fee to have a tech come out and install the new modem, so if you'd like to take it back you can at no additional charge. I can look up the closest store to you if needed. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I know where the store is but as soon as I can, I’ll be switching.  Thanks for your help anyway.  I do like this ideat to get help.  Bless you !

Official Employee

You're welcome, have a good day.