Community Forum

Modem update

New Poster

Modem update

I recieved an e-mail indicating that I'm elegible for a modem update on you.

Is ther a cost involved for this and will it increase my monthly fee?

Thank you,

gppl

Expert

Re: Modem update

No extra fees and the shipping is even free. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hey gppl! 

@nerburg is correct. I can help get the new modem shipped to you if you'd like? If so, just send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Regular Contributor

Nerdburg: I got the same email re modem updating and am investigating the matter. I currently have an Arris Surfboard 6141 modem and a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. Both support DOCSIS 3.0.  I pay for Blast, and am getting about 235mbs down, 20mps up. The signal has weak spots in the house, and I want to strengthen it.

Some of the recommended upgrades support DOCSIS 3.1. I will be buying the equipment rather than renting.

Questions: should I opt for the DOCSIS 3.1 or is that overkill? I want the fastest, strongest wifi possible. Also—should I buy 2 pieces(a modem and a router) or get a combo unit? Thanks in advance.