Community Forum

Modem return

Frequent Visitor

Modem return

OK so I was mailed a new model modem, I been trying to mail the old one back but many hurdles prevent this. 1. No return address was given. 2. The return site where you would normally print out the shipping label won't let me because my device isn't listed, only the new one is. I can only assume because it's now not the active modem. Why not just send the shipping label with the new product, problem solved. Anyway I have no vehicle and have no way to drop it off at the UPS store.
Expert

Re: Modem return

@theallkamighty 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Greetings! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. We hope you are having an amazing day. We apologize to hear a return label was not included when you received the new modem. We would like to make sure we get the label out to you. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click the name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Done
New Poster

I have exactly the same problem. I spent more than 15 hours last week trying to get help from Comcast! In that process no agent ever returned a call. Using the chat line was very frustrating, I got cut off multiple times, and in the process my new modem service was cut twice because of reboots initiated by Comcast leaving me dead in the water. That meant calling and getting a new chat tech to reboot the modem with the correct settings. 

After completing the survey forms, I got emails/calls from 3 members of the Customer Experience team, but no results so far. 

Frequent Visitor

Yea I feel your pain. I was going to do what sounds like what u might have done and just pick the modem they have listed, even knowing it's the wrong one. (Just to get the label) But I figured they would've then shut my new modem off thinking I'm returning that one. This could all be avoided if they sent the return label with the new product. That or keep the old modem listed on the return site, it shouldn't matter if it's active or not, I mean it's their equipment and they should want it back.

I will say though that the new modem was a breeze to setup and had no issues with that part of it. Good luck on your end.
Frequent Visitor

OK so it's been a week now and nothing. I sent the PM to support just like you asked and I didn't even get a courtesy reply, let alone solving the issue.
New Poster

Thanks for your note of support. I think that my case has been resolved. I filled out a survey on Mon (11/16) before exploring the community forum. I got a call from another Comcast agent on Tues (11/17), explained the situation, and received an empty box and return label on Wed (11/18). On Thurs (11/19) afternoon I handed the box to a UPS driver who was dropping off packages; that evening I got an e-mail from Comcast indicating that they received the package. 

Frequent Visitor

That's awesome, sadly my PM (that I was asked to send) went ignored. Oh well no biggie, after all it's their modem. As long as I'm not being charged for it, it is what it is.

However, I'm going to check my bill with a magnifying glass and Enigma, with any luck I'll be able to decipher it and we'll see what's up. 😁
Official Employee

Hello @theallkamighty, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I apologize for the delay but would love to assist you with returning the modem. If you still need assistance, please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I again sent the PM, and once again it's gone unanswered. I don't get it, why ask to pm and then not answer? I won't be wasting another second of my time on this matter.
Official Employee

@theallkamighty, I apologize for the delay, you sent me a PM during my days off. I am back and have responded to your private message. Thanks!