Community Forum

Modem registered to another account

New Poster

Modem registered to another account

A few months ago I purchased a compatible modem.  I connected the modem and registered at our rental home to test it out.  Two weeks ago we purchsased a home and have moved.  My internet is working but the modem is not registered to the account, instead it is registered to my former landlords account.  I called tech support and was told that I would have to take the modem to a service center to prove I owned it?  Even though I was listed as an alternate on the landlords account they would not disconnect it from that account.  Any ideas on how to fix without going to the service center, and if I do have to go, what do I bring with me?

Thanks

Expert

Re: Modem registered to another account

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Modem registered to another account

Hi, TomE46 - Let me see if I can remove your modem from your landlord's account. Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!