Community Forum

Modem charge and my experience with you

New Poster

Modem charge and my experience with you

When comcast introduced their XFi, I decided to finally get rid of the modem/router combo they rent and go with separates.

as a triple play user, I saw some conflicting service on the web, so decided to talk to support. I have never used phone service in 4 years, never even had it hooked up.

after one hour chatting with support guy, he promised everything is going to work fine with the modem I was going to order, even though modem doesnt support emta and is cable modem only. I have triple checked if I would be still on triple play by just ignoring the phone. support guy promised everything would be fine, the same package without modem fee.

modem arrived, and I couldn't activate it. spend an hour or so on the phone with another support guy, who finally told me it's not going to work.

I was upset I ordered useless piece of equipment and he said he will call me back the next day when his supervisor is at the office to discuss options. he did call the other day trying to downgrade me to the double play. he said supervisor is still not there.

he calculated all the pricing and double play was sure more then triple play (isnt this ridiculously stupid?) he promised to discuss the issue with someone else and call me back the following day.

it has been three weeks already, never happened.

now you have another upset customer who wasted his money, frustrated about poor customer service, looking for options to replace comcast with something else and cut the cable, spamming NextDoor community to get rid of comcast useless basic cable contract our community has.

way to go guys.

to sum it up:
1. useless community package with basic cable
2. scam ads with HD service fee which is supposedly included in the triple player, but requires extra 10 USD.
3. triple play more expensive than double play
4. useless xfi with nothing working as expected
5. security issues with xfi, storing passwords open.
6. junk equipment being rented
7. uneducated support promising something you cannot deliver, causing customers wasting money
8. disappearing support that cannot resolve an issue.

you better stop asking me for the feedback.