Community Forum

Modem Upgrade

Frequent Visitor

Modem Upgrade

Last Tuesday, when I first got an email notifying me that I was to get an upgraded modem package, I thought it could be spam. So, I called Xfinity Customer Service to ask them what they knew about it. Nothing. The young man finally referred me to Xfinity Security, where I sat on hold for 10 minutes. the woman who finally answered, after taking all of my account information again, didn't know anything, either. I asked her for an email address to forward the email to but, instead, she referred me to another Xfinity website, where I dug and dug until I finally found an "abuse@..." email address.

Today, I got a letter in the mail, basically telling me the same thing. So, now I know that it's a real thing. I also got an email telling me that the modem is on its way, with a tracking number.

So, Xfinity, how come the people who deal directly with your customers didn't know about the upgrades that obviously involve a big capital expenditure? Kinda reminds me of an old addage from my FORTRAN days: "Never let the programmer write the User Manual."

Expert

Re: Modem Upgrade

It's a pretty common thing for Comcast to send upgrade notices. Guess the rep needs some new training ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hit us up if you have issues getting the new modem working. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Re: Modem Upgrade

If this is replacing an owned modem, they will be adding a $10/month charge to your bill.  I responded to the same email and they didn't tell me about the charge until a rep called me to tell me the new modem was on the way. I called and managed to get the shipment stopped. I am not interested in renting a modem. The email said the modem was "on us." "On us" does not mean free.