Community Forum

Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels

Valued Contributor

Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels

Hi ... It has been about 2 months since EPIX was moved into to our Premier Plus Triple Play package per the email received below last December 2019.   However, I cannot find the 3 new EPIX Channels in HD mentioned below on our Legacy  DVR HD service.  Note that we already have them in SD in our area, along with the main EPIX Channel (the main EPIX Channel being in both SD and HD).

 

Where (or when) are the new 3 EPIX channels in HD to be found on our cable TV system?

 

Please note however that we can find and watch those missing 3 channels in HD on our wireless Tablets via the Xfinity Streaming App (right below EPIX HD at Ch 1872) .... as EPIX 2 HD Ch 1873, EPIX Hits HD Ch 1874 and EPIX Drive-In HD Ch 1875 .... thus obviously, the missing 3 new Channels do indeed exist in HD on some guides.

 

Thank you .... eecon1 (Portland/Beaverton, OR)

 

 

EPIX is now included

 

Great news: EPIX is now included with your Xfinity TV package. You've been paying $5.99 per month for EPIX, but as of today you will no longer be charged. You will see a change on your next bill, and there is no action required on your part.

On top of all the great content that EPIX already offers, you'll be receiving three additional EPIX channels on December 12 at no additional cost. This includes:

  • EPIX 2: Recent Hollywood hits, plus EPIX premium originals and specials.
  • EPIX Hits: More of the best movies featuring iconic fan favorites and legendary film franchises.
  • EPIX Drive-In: Celebrating the best in genre films - Action, Comedy, Horror, Sci-Fi and more.

We're always trying to offer you the best service at a great value, and we're happy to give you EPIX. You can learn more about this change here.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

Valued Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels

Are you saying that when you have your TV Guide set to all channels that the Epix channels in the 1870 series don't show up at all on your home box?
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels


@WindsurfMaui wrote:
Are you saying that when you have your TV Guide set to all channels that the Epix channels in the 1870 series don't show up at all on your home box?

Only channel 1872 (Epix main) shows up.

 

 

 

Valued Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels

I just checked my streaming app on my cellphone and all the channels were showing in my favorites. So why can they get it right in the app but not on the set top boxes and DVRs? Sounds backwards to me. I would think making the box work properly would be easier and smarter than the app.

Valued Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels


@WindsurfMaui wrote:

I just checked my streaming app on my cellphone and all the channels were showing in my favorites. So why can they get it right in the app but not on the set top boxes and DVRs? Sounds backwards to me. I would think making the box work properly would be easier and smarter than the app.


Probably due to different contractors managing each system is my guess. Would be interesting to hear what the expert members on the forum think?

Valued Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels

ComcastPhil is working on it through the PM system. Hopefully he will have an answer for us soon.

Regular Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels

So, it's apparently been a week with no response. My "amazing" Stream phone app, lets me see the 4 EPIX channels at 1872 - 1875. My 77 inch TV with the STB can only access the one channel, 1872. When is this going to be addressed? Am I going to see a credit on my bill (🤣😭)? Anyone home?
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels


@plummerl wrote:
So, it's apparently been a week with no response. My "amazing" Stream phone app, lets me see the 4 EPIX channels at 1872 - 1875. My 77 inch TV with the STB can only access the one channel, 1872. When is this going to be addressed? Am I going to see a credit on my bill (🤣😭)? Anyone home?

Same thing here ... I understand from an earlier posting from @WindsurfMaui that @ComcastPhill may be working on the issue.

Regular Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels

... and hence my comment! It's been a week, without a response.
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels


@plummerl wrote:
So, it's apparently been a week with no response. My "amazing" Stream phone app, lets me see the 4 EPIX channels at 1872 - 1875. My 77 inch TV with the STB can only access the one channel, 1872. When is this going to be addressed? Am I going to see a credit on my bill (🤣😭)? Anyone home?

Just for the record I don't have a channel 1872. In Boston it is 1871, 1873, 1874, 1875. And again 1871 doesn't show up on my favorites list on my TV but does show on my cellphone app.

Regular Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels

After a lengthy visit by a tech (through no fault of his own!), I believe that I have the answer, and boy am I somewhat irritated (only way I can express what I really feel on this forum)!

 

The end result of the visit was that the missing 3 extra HD EPIX channels (EPIX 2, EPIX Hits & EPIX Drive-in) are only being distributed via IP, not linear.

 

I'm a legacy box guy, and I'm now being told that unless I have an X1 box, all I can do is watch the new channels via streaming! So I can't record anything from a non-X1 account. EPIX was the so-called replacement for STARZ, every channel of which I could access with my STB. With EPIX, I can now only see the 4 SD and 1 HD of the EPIX channels.

 

In every announcement regarding the forced switch from STARZ to EPIX, there was never any mention of legacy limitations. Once again, if you are on a legacy plan, Comcast just continues to chip away at the plan.

Valued Contributor

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels


@plummerl wrote:

After a lengthy visit by a tech (through no fault of his own!), I believe that I have the answer, and boy am I somewhat irritated (only way I can express what I really feel on this forum)!

 

The end result of the visit was that the missing 3 extra HD EPIX channels (EPIX 2, EPIX Hits & EPIX Drive-in) are only being distributed via IP, not linear.

 

I'm a legacy box guy, and I'm now being told that unless I have an X1 box, all I can do is watch the new channels via streaming! So I can't record anything from a non-X1 account. EPIX was the so-called replacement for STARZ, every channel of which I could access with my STB. With EPIX, I can now only see the 4 SD and 1 HD of the EPIX channels.

 

In every announcement regarding the forced switch from STARZ to EPIX, there was never any mention of legacy limitations. Once again, if you are on a legacy plan, Comcast just continues to chip away at the plan.


@plummerl @WindsurfMaui @FAUguy So why am I not surprised at this new and very dispointing revelation?  Probably because it's just Comcast being Comcast.  But more importantly, I believe X1 DVRs (STBs with internal Hard Drives) can record locally to their internal HDD but only from traditional cable's non-Streaming channels (including Movies from Premium Channels)?  As for Streaming Channels, X1 units (both with and w/o internal HDDs) can record some Streaming content but only to the Cloud DVR (and then only select content, mostly just TV Show series) .... in a fashion similar to using a Smart Phone or a Tablet with the Xfinity Streaming App.

 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-Side-by-side-Xfinity-X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs/ta-p/2940...

 

Someone please confirm or correct me regarding X1 recording capabilities as I'm using Legacy gear .... Thanks.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Missing the 3 New EPIX HD Channels


@plummerl wrote:

After a lengthy visit by a tech (through no fault of his own!), I believe that I have the answer, and boy am I somewhat irritated (only way I can express what I really feel on this forum)!

 

The end result of the visit was that the missing 3 extra HD EPIX channels (EPIX 2, EPIX Hits & EPIX Drive-in) are only being distributed via IP, not linear.

 

I'm a legacy box guy, and I'm now being told that unless I have an X1 box, all I can do is watch the new channels via streaming! So I can't record anything from a non-X1 account. EPIX was the so-called replacement for STARZ, every channel of which I could access with my STB. With EPIX, I can now only see the 4 SD and 1 HD of the EPIX channels.

 

In every announcement regarding the forced switch from STARZ to EPIX, there was never any mention of legacy limitations. Once again, if you are on a legacy plan, Comcast just continues to chip away at the plan.


This would not suprise me at all.

After 10 years with my Motorola DCX3400 DVR and DCX3200 boxes, the Video On Demand, On-Screen Caller ID are no longer working for two weeks now.

Called support and they couldn't fix it, had a Tech come out earlier this week, and he says it doens't work any more because these are legacy boxes that are EOL.

See my full post here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/On-Demand-and-Caller-ID-not-working-No-IP-Address-on-3-...