Community Forum

Missing Channels from MyTV Choice Bundle Troubles

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Missing Channels from MyTV Choice Bundle Troubles

Hi,

Years ago I switched to the "MyTV Choice Bundle"  with the "News & Info" Theme Pack.

Over the last month, I returned my modem since I had purchased my own Netgear modem. That went fine.

Next I decided that I would just want to use the Xfinity Stream App on Roku devices for access to TV channels. I returned the three cable boxes to Comcast. (Including one adapter).

I called into customer service since I noticed I was still being charged for a DVR box($15.00).

I indicated to the rep that I had returned all three tv boxes and did not even need DVR service.

He made changes to the account and I had to give a verbal OK while on the phone with him to the change.

That night, I lost access to all of the channels I had with the MyTV Choice Bundle. I now only get things like the Weather Channel. Yet my monthly billing still shows around $160.00

I have made numerous calls into customer service (One rep had promised to call me back later in the evening yesterday and never did).

The reps all say that I still have the MYTV Choice Bundle and yet I cannot watch my normal channels (EX: CNN/Foxnews)

It is so frustrating especially when the Xfinity Stream App page clearly indicates that you do not need any boxes to access your channels.

I am almost at a point where I just want to call in and say just give me internet and phone. But, I would rather just be able to access my normal TV channels as I have for so many years.

Thank you.

Rich

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing Channels from MyTV Choice Bundle Troubles

Over the past week, I have called in four times. Two agents indicated that I will need to work with Tier 2. One agent tried to upsell me to another package. I don't want another package. I have been perfectly happy with this bundle.

All of the agents indicated that I am still on the MyTV Choice Bundle with the 'News and Info' theme pack.

Again-my issue is that I am unable to access the News and Info channels such as CNN/Foxnews, CNBC and History for example. I am using the Xfinity Stream App on Roku devices. All of the channels were fine until an agent had removed the last box from my account last weekend. I can still see things like Weather Channel.

The two agents who said I needed Tier 2 help said they would call me the next day at the given time (apparently, according to them, Tier 2 closes at 5:00pm EDT). Needless to say neither one followed through and I am still sitting here paying for channels that I cannot watch.

I cannot understand why Comcast cannot resolve this issue. I was also hoping there would be an employee capable of helping me on this forum.

It makes me feel that Comcast does not care about the little guy.

Is there anyone that can help?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing Channels from MyTV Choice Bundle Troubles

Hi,

I'd like to thank ComcastMartin for helping resolve my issue.

For those in a similar situation, if you have the MyTV Choice package, you need to have one cable box on the account even if you are told otherwise.  When you have the one cable box on the account then all of the Roku devices running the Comcast Stream App will show your correct channels. There is a $ 5.00/month charge for the one box. (If you have the DVR service, which works fine with the App, it will be another $ 10.00/mo--$15.00/mo total).

Thanks.

Rich