Community Forum

Minimum Term Agreement

New Poster

Minimum Term Agreement

I was in the process of changing the level of internet service I get and saw a promotional price for 12 months. On the final page it says a "Minimum Term Agreement" is included, but nowhere can I actually see the agreement to read what the terms are. Does this "agreement" mean there is a fee if I cancel early? What is that fee? Why would the details to what I'm agreeing to not be shown?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Minimum Term Agreement

The agreement cancellation fee only applies if you cancel ALL Xfinity services.  If you have a Triple Play and cancel 2 services but keep one no fee applies. If you just have internet and cancel you would be subject to early termination fees but I don't want to give the wrong amount so that would be something to ask support.

Bronze Problem Solver

New Poster

That link really doesn't answer the question and this is basically my point. The official word on ETF's is a random forum post from a non comcast employee?

What is the amount of the ETF? Why can I not see the contract with these terms before I commit to the service?

Expert

@indolent wrote:

That link really doesn't answer the question and this is basically my point. The official word on ETF's is a random forum post from a non comcast employee?

What is the amount of the ETF? Why can I not see the contract with these terms before I commit to the service?

If there is a contract, and you are in a contract, if you cancel all services an ETF applies.  Usually for internet, cable and phone that would be $10 x the number of months remaining on the contract.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Sl4ck3r22 -- When you get repackaged or a new promotion we send an approval via email or text. In the email or text, you will see the terms. I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.