Community Forum

Highlighted
New Poster

Due to Coronavirus, you guys give it for free for a period of time, why didn't I get it for free too,?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Message

What is “it”?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Internet Essentials offer

@Esthermoreau36 wrote:
Due to Coronavirus, you guys give it for free for a period of time, why didn't I get it for free too,?

Looks like you are an Internet Essentials customer. Thers offer I believe you are referring to is for new qualified Internet customers. Details on that are below. 

I do hope that you are enjoying the higher upload and download speeds now included with Internet Essentials. 

We've been looking for ways to help through our Internet Essentials program, the nation's largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption program for low-income Americans. Effective March 16, we are putting in place two substantial program enhancements to help these families deal with this crisis.

1. We will make it even easier for low-income families who live in a Comcast service area to sign up by offering new customers 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.

2. We are increasing Internet speeds for the Internet Essentials service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers, which will be the speed of the service going forward. In this way, we will ensure that Internet Essentials customers will be able to use their Internet service for all their increased needs as a result of this health crisis.

We want to make it as fast and simple as possible to access this service:

• To receive the increased Internet speeds, existing customers will not need to do anything.
  • For new customers, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!