Community Forum

Manage plan online shows "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help managing your channels."

New Poster

Manage plan online shows "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help managing your channels."

When I try to edit my plan online i get the error "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help managing your channels.  Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help."

When I call/chat with comcast all they do is try to sell me certain packages.  I just want to be able to edit my own plan and browse my options at my convenince.

Everywhere i look online, comcast says this is a known issue and they're working on it.  Those posts date back years ago.  Is there no fix for this?

Expert

Re: Manage plan online shows "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help managing your ch

Depending on your services you may not be able to manage your account online. An employee here would be happy to help you if you like though. Just tell them what you want and they will send you a message with available options. Would you like me to ask an employee to help you?

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

New Poster

Re: Manage plan online shows "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help managing your ch

What i would like is a list of ALL current bundles available to me, so i can make an informed decision on my own time.  Not only while i'm on the phone or on live chat.  Whenever i search for bundles, i enter my address and it tells me to log into my account.  When i do that, it just tells me my plans cannot be managed online and to call in.  Everytime I call in, I tell them what i want and i get only 1 MAYBE 2 plans from them.  

I would also like a reason as to why specific plans cannot be managed online.  From a technical standpoint i'm failing to see the difference between plans.  What criteria separates managable plans from unmanagable ones?

New Poster

Why wouldn't someone be able to manage their account online? This is 2018 you know?

New Poster

I too tried to manage my account online, only to be given the message to call customer service. When I did, it was confirmed that only new customers are given deals, and "loyal" customers are given increased bills with no options. I've been hearing about problems with Comcast "customer service" and their attempts to address them for a long time now, and it is distressing to learn that the probelms not only still persist but seem to be getting worse. So, now that my 2 year agreement/contract is up, what is the problem with simply offering packages of varying service levels and price points for me to choose from?

New Poster

I would really like an employees response to my question.