Community Forum

Man in the Middle

Highlighted
New Poster

Man in the Middle

I have been trying to get internet at my house since March 26, 2020. My neighbor's house was built after mine and they got internet before us.  The neighbor on the other side has internet also.  I am really frustrated at this point because I am a network engineer and I depend heavily on the internet to do my job. I am at the point were I may lose my job because we are not allowed to work at the office. I am trying to work off a cellphone hotspot, doing high level changes knowing my network could drop at any moment. It is very unsettling that no one at comcast will call me back or give me an answer of when the service will be ready. Im am at your mercy because no offers service in the area. We live on the same street. They are 5 feet from me and we have nothing. I would just like an update on how long this might take. Explaining to my kids is a nightmare. Please help, I don't know what to do.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Man in the Middle

@Tmayes0287 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Tmayes0287, I apologize for the delay in response please allow me the opportunity to assist you with getting services set up at your home. We don't want you to have to use all your cell data trying to get work done. I know we're all working from home and with the crisis we're in I wouldn't want anyone losing their job because they can't access the internet. Let's look into a package and the soonest install date possible, to get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Tmayes0287, unfortunately I don't see a response from you here so I will need to close this thread as completed. Feel free to create a new thread or reach back out to me here if you need anything else. Have a good day 🙂

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

We were able to get scheduled and a tech will be on 8/4/20 to set up the internet.