Community Forum

Making it impossible to cancel TV streaming plus charging me for the free month trial

Highlighted
New Poster

Making it impossible to cancel TV streaming plus charging me for the free month trial

So I requested a call back from Xfinity to cancel my TV stream service that I was offered for free. They told me they needed to transfer me to the correct department. I was transferred, waited for an hour and 13 minutes and finally gave up and hung up.

I called back and asked if I can get a call back from the department that CAN cancel this FREE trial of your TV streaming service and she told me THEY CANNOT DO THAT AND THAT I HAVE TO WAIT. So she transferred me too again telling me the line would be shorter and I just hung up BECAUSE I WAITED 1 HOUR AND 13 MINUTES.

So my suggestion to this community is, don't get internet or TV from this provider. And Xfinity, don't expect me to pay for the TV stream service period.

Screenshot_20200229-175318_Call.jpg

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Making it impossible to cancel TV streaming plus charging me for the free month trial

@ClienteEnputado wrote:

So I requested a call back from Xfinity to cancel my TV stream service that I was offered for free. They told me they needed to transfer me to the correct department. I was transferred, waited for an hour and 13 minutes and finally gave up and hung up.

I called back and asked if I can get a call back from the department that CAN cancel this FREE trial of your TV streaming service and she told me THEY CANNOT DO THAT AND THAT I HAVE TO WAIT. So she transferred me too again telling me the line would be shorter and I just hung up BECAUSE I WAITED 1 HOUR AND 13 MINUTES.

So my suggestion to this community is, don't get internet or TV from this provider. And Xfinity, don't expect me to pay for the TV stream service period.

moved from streaming website area to customer service area of the forum

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Making it impossible to cancel TV streaming plus charging me for the free month trial

Just FWIW:

According to the federal guidelines, a call to a cable system must be answered -- including wait time -- within 30 seconds after the connection is made. If the call is transferred, the transfer time may not exceed 30 seconds.       (There are additional  guidline considerations though)

https://www.fcc.gov/media/customer-service-standards