Community Forum

Major issues with my services and not getting any support

Frequent Visitor

Major issues with my services and not getting any support

I have TV and internet - my tv service stopped working. I have made multiple attempts at getting support and receive lots of run around.

I would like to just cancel my TV service - thats all. Stop charging me for TV service you are not delivering. Its been months - I don't even care about getting a credit or refund, I just want one of the support channels to work for me. 

The call back option never calls me - the chat option is just a broken interafce that asks for a valid zip code with no where to put it in. When going to a physical location I'm turned around to use online tools.

please please please cancel my TV service - it doesn't work, just like your service channels.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Major issues with my services and not getting any support

Why are there people who have the time to tell me not to make multiple posts about an issue but no one can actually address my issue. 

I have requested call backs, tried to use the BROKEN chat interface and gone into a store..

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO.

CANCEL EVERYTHING ON MY ACCOUNT TODAY.

Expert

@dlcasto wrote:

Why are there people who have the time to tell me not to make multiple posts about an issue but no one can actually address my issue. 

I have requested call backs, tried to use the BROKEN chat interface and gone into a store..

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO.

CANCEL EVERYTHING ON MY ACCOUNT TODAY.

This is not real time Help and Support.  Plus, this is primarily a customer - to - customer Help & Support forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

IS the chat real time? is going into a store real time? is requesting a call through the call back feature real time?

because I have tried to get support via all these channels, and am literally getting run around and ignored.

What else can a customer do to get out of this nightmare paying $280 a month for internet?

How much effort does a customer really have to put into this?

Expert

@dlcasto wrote:

IS the chat real time? is going into a store real time? is requesting a call through the call back feature real time?

because I have tried to get support via all these channels, and am literally getting run around and ignored.

What else can a customer do to get out of this nightmare paying $280 a month for internet?

How much effort does a customer really have to put into this?

I understand but here you have to be patient.

As far as your plan, what else do you have besides internet, and what speed are you supposed to be getting with your plan?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It's pretty inconsiderate to tll someone who has patiently dealt with these issues for several months to be more patient.

I bundled TV and internet - TV stopped working long ago, a new box was finally delivered and still did not resolve the issue.

What I want is to be charged for internet, not internet and TV, and if that cant be accomplished kindly cancel me all together. today. I have been extremely patient.

Frequent Visitor

Oh and if they want to charge me @$280 a month for internet  the speed better literally allow me to see into the future.

Expert

@dlcasto wrote:

It's pretty inconsiderate to tll someone who has patiently dealt with these issues for several months to be more patient.

I bundled TV and internet - TV stopped working long ago, a new box was finally delivered and still did not resolve the  issue.

What I want is to be charged for internet, not internet and TV, and if that cant be accomplished kindly cancel me all together. today. I have been extremely patient.

I can't cancel anything because I'm not an employee.  However, you CAN remove the cable portion of your bundle with no fees, BUT, I don't know how much lower your internet bill will be.  If you're in a contract, removing the cable portion of your bundle will put your internet into every day pricing, but it should definitely not be in the $280 range when you do that.  What you'll need to do [and probably should have done a long time ago if cable wasn't working for you] is to return the cable box to the store and ask them to cancel the cable portion of your bundle but NOT [emphasize the not] the internet portion.  That should take off the box rental and all the tv fees and taxes.  Make sure you get a receipt for the box and remote.  Don't get upset or be aggressive, just let them know you no longer need cable for personal reasons.

Frequent Visitor

Here's the thing. 

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET HELP FIXING THE TV FOR MONTHS.

And I get the same non-answers and non help as we get here.

They provided the new box - DID NOT RESOLVE, and now i'm a week into follow through with all this again.

lets make this really really easy.

CANCEL IT ALL - I will not pay another bill under any circumstance.

Forward this to someone who can make it happen immediately.

Expert

@dlcasto wrote:

Here's the thing. 

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET HELP FIXING THE TV FOR MONTHS.

And I get the same non-answers and non help as we get here.

They provided the new box - DID NOT RESOLVE, and now i'm a week into follow through with all this again.

lets make this really really easy.

CANCEL IT ALL - I will not pay another bill under any circumstance.

Forward this to someone who can make it happen immediately.

If you want to cancel take all of your equipment to the store and tell them you want to cancel immediately.

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I do t think I will be doing that. I have made my notification to cancel multiple times.

My bank who is helpful will make sure Comcast can’t withdrawal anymore.

It’s really sad this is what a customer has to go through.

I certainly would t be shillings g for them for free here.
Expert

I'm sorry you got to this point, but I can certainly understand your frustration and anger, and definitely don't blame you.  I wish, though, you had come here first, because we probably could have gotten this solved for you before it got out of hand.

Would you still be interested in just keeping internet? 

Frequent Visitor

Wow, Ive spent a week tryng to get my service switched to internet only since the TV issue isnt being resolved, and now after I decide its easier to just cancel it all I'm asked by a fellow customer if I would consider keeping the internet. 

How about we have a comcast employee chime in here.

I'm done with this and will never look back at 5 pm mst.

If a comcast employee can tell me what my internet only bill will be by then I will bite my lip and keep it, otherwise its centurylink for me starting tomorrow.

Official Employee Digital Care

Greetings, dlcasto! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. Again has reached out to us to make sure we are getting everything taken care of for you. I apologize to hear of all the issues you were having with your TV services and not being able to downgrade to an internet-only package. We can certainly look into this for you. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.