Community Forum

Major home installation issue/ so called customer service

Regular Visitor

Major home installation issue/ so called customer service

I recently upgraded service in order to have home security installed and was given an install date of May 1st. I called back and had three additional window sensors installed and requested that my install date remain the same, I later noticed on my account that there was an install date scheduled on May 4th instead of May 1st. I called customer service and the person I spoke to apologized for the issue and stated that there would be an installer out this morning to install the home security service, when the person arrived he told me that he was there to service an existing security system and not install one. He showed me the work order that stated the customer says he has an issue with a sensor and needs it serviced. I never told anybody that.

I spent all morning speaking with different customer service representatives trying to get an installer out today and was told that they didn’t know why or how the mix ups happened and all that they could do was have an installer come out on May 4th and compensate me with a $20 credit on my account.

This whole experience has been disgusting and the credit offered to my account is a complete insult. After calling two different times to confirm todays appointment I took off work in order to be here for the installation so i lost pay today on top of the frustration of having to deal with all the reps in customer service that had no solution to anything. When I asked for the corporate phone number I was given a wrong number, when I called back for the correct number I was told that nobody had a corporate number. Still trying to get ahold of someone in corporate.
Admin1

Re: Major home installation issue/ so called customer service

Hi AJ316 -- I can help you with your installation issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will see if we can get you a sooner install date.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Major home installation issue/ so called customer service

Just to update, got a e-mail from the office of Tom Karinshak. Guess we’ll see if this gets any better.