Community Forum

Maintenance? Tech Says I’m in POOR Signal Area- Upstream Errors Cause Major X1 Problems.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Maintenance? Tech Says I’m in POOR Signal Area- Upstream Errors Cause Major X1 Problems.

Hi All- 

I have an Xfinity X1 DVR Service ( Model # AX014ANM ) with two slave boxes ( Both Model# PXD01ANL ) and rent Xfinity Gateway ( Model# DPC3941T ) . I’ve had consistent Signal Issues resulting in constant rebooting , restating, refreshing, etc. Xfinity Tech showed me on his iPAD a Comcast Map confirming my service address located within what Tech referred to 

The first Xfinity Tech who originally installed all my Equipment advised me that my signal strength was poor coming from my junction box, and that he could issue me a Maintenance Ticket, but effectively, not to hold my breath. He was unable to get enough Quality Signal to install the originally ordered 4 Guest Room ( Slave Boxes ) and the Main XG1v4 box, and took two boxes back. 

I have just been rebooting, refreshing or restarting everyday and dealing with it. Recently, I had a power surge come in through Xfinity’s Coax line and fried every single piece of Xfinity Equipment ( Splitter, Amplifier, All 3 TV Boxes and Gateway! ), but affected nothing else fortunately!  I had to call Xfinity to replace all Equipment and the Techs who came out showed me on an iPAD like device they carry with them, that it was not my junction box, rather my junction box was located in an area which he advised me was rated POOR due to excessive  Upstream Signal Errors. 

I appreciated his honesty and was fascinated looking at his iPAD where it displayed an area my home falls into which apparently has had ongoing service issues he guessed hadn’t been fixed by maintenance due to the fact that most of the infrastructure is underground. No cherry picker and quick drop fix.  My question: Is there anyway I can stay updated on this ongoing maintenance issue?  Calling the regular 800 number just results in Xfinity sending out a Tech who cannot resolve a maintenance issue. I don’t want to waste Xfinity’s money or my time. 

I’m only now asking about this because since the power surge,my HD X1 TV service is nearly unusable and my internet works ok abour 50% of the time.  New boxes, new COAX, new splitters, etc. have all been tried and failed. Only maintenance can fix this. I’d be happy to have just my main TV able to work well and I can just stream on other sets. 

Thanks to all here who take the time to help!

Official Employee

Re: Service Area Ongoing Upstream Errors X1 Service Updates?

Art11Trighton, hi there! 

I would love to help out. The reason why so many techs are schedule is due to the fact that they are the ones who can submit a maintenance ticket. 

I can take a look into your account, however, to see what is going on currently and what steps we still need to take. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Maintenance? Tech Says I’m in POOR Signal Area- Upstream Errors Cause Major X1 Problems.

Hello, Art11Trighton. 

I wanted to reach out before closing out your post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!