Community Forum

Mail flyer offer not honored

Regular Visitor

Mail flyer offer not honored

Few days ago I got a flyer in mail about an offer to upgrade my internet to 250mbit (from 150) and also get xFi advantage package all for extra $12 a month on top of my current bill. In the letter it breaks down that it’s $10 for internet upgrade and $2 for xfi advantage.
So I decided to take them up on this deal and call xfinity first. After a long call with Comcast rep she told me that I will have to go to the store and bring the letter and they will give it to me. I asked he to confirm and verify this before I go. She verified and told me to bring my existing modem as they will give me a new one.

So I went to the store and they told me they have no such offer in their system. So spoke with store manager and he was nice enough to call with me their service and retention department and their manager. And they told me the same that no such offer package exist and nothing they can do. They can try submitting a ticket to their marketing but that’s it. I’ve spent 5 hours at store trying to resolve this. There either seems to be a major disconect with their marketing department or they are just flat out making up deals as they go.
Regular Visitor

Re: Mail flyer offer not honored

Here is also proof of the mailing I got, as you can see very specific. (I black out my personal info)  I guess someone needs to tell Mr. Larry Schweber (vp of marketing) to communicate with his fellow employees at other departments about this promotion. 
If you are going to send out mailing like this, that comcast needs to have a way to honor these offers or if not then please stop sending me these and wasting my time, they are useless. 
Sorry but comcast you have some of the most disorganized customer service ever. 
Very disappointed. 
IMG_0916.jpg

Official Employee

Hello @Darkgaro, thanks for reaching out about this Flyer concern and I truly apologize about your experience with this thus far. I would love to assist you with further looking into this! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

After speaking with someone at Comcast Executive Customer Relations, still could not help me. 
Pretty much just told me that my account doesn't qualify for the above offer. 
While in the meantime I got another (same) letter the other day from Comcast. 

I keep getting mailings from them about the specific upgrade on my account. 

This is 100% FALSE ADVERTISING. 

I have submitted a complaint via FCC and FTC.  Comcast is just NOT being helpful. 

Expert

@Darkgaro wrote:

After speaking with someone at Comcast Executive Customer Relations, still could not help me. 
Pretty much just told me that my account doesn't qualify for the above offer. 
While in the meantime I got another (same) letter the other day from Comcast. 

I keep getting mailings from them about the specific upgrade on my account. 

This is 100% FALSE ADVERTISING. 

I have submitted a complaint via FCC and FTC.  Comcast is just NOT being helpful. 

How is this false advertising?  Did you read the part that says "See reverse side for pricing and other information, details and restrictions"?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Ofcourse I did,   there are no specifics on the back which would disqualify me.  There are about three lines of very generic text which amongst them 
 says :
Restrictions Apply, Xfi Advantage is not available in all areas. Residential customers only. Limited to Blast!... 

Runaround that comcast is telling me is that this offer is only available to a specific package. This is not mentioned anywhere on that flier.  I do have Blast internet and it's available in my area, and I am a residential customer.

One big issue I have with this flyer is that their wording is very specific in their advertising making it sound that they know specifically about my current bill and very detailed in cost of the upgrade ($10 for faster internet and $2 for Advantage), and that it would be only $12 extra on top of my bill. 

You should not word it with such specifics if they are not sure it applies to my account, or they should at least have much more details about which exact packages this applies to or excludes. 

The only thing mentioned is "Restrictions Apply"   if those two words can then be used an excuse for them to say whatever they want on the mailing then we as consumers are in big trouble. 

Official Employee

@Darkgaro, I'm sorry about the difficulties you have experienced with this promotional offer. I have responded to your private message and I will await your response. Thank you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Darkgaro, I did not hear back from you in our private message or on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please still send me a private message if you need assistance with this billing concern. If you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, please create a new Public post. We appreciate you being a Comcast customer and enjoy the rest of your week.