Community Forum

Made 2 payments by mistake, cant get 1 back now we have no food

Frequent Visitor

Made 2 payments by mistake, cant get 1 back now we have no food

We had a shut off notice..Not good, but we never let our service get shut off because we need our internet for my son's night time seizure monitor. I am disabled so my work is limited but i do work from home 8 months of the year. This is the season when my job shuts down so we are a 1 paycheck home for now just keeping things on till i am back to work. My husband's paycheck would be direct deposited the day the shutoff was due. He got up, unbeknownst to me at 3 am when his check was in the bank and paid the bill. I got up much later and paid the bill again. When i found out that he had already paid it, I called and asked for a refund. The nice customer rep told me they could do that but the payment was still processing so i would have to call back when it processed. I called back 2 days later. The nice customer rep told me this was not a problem and she began doing what she needed to do to process the refund. Then she said she had to speak with her manager to ensure all was ok. She came back and told me that her manager said she could not refund my payment because the bill statement date was the day i was asking for the refund. I am not talking about the shut off payment. We didn't ask for that back. I am talking about the payment that i mistakenly made for the current bill. They told me no they will not refund that. So the money I mistakenly paid was for food and to go with the money that was already in our bank account to cover my children's tuition. which is an automatic debit and the date can't be moved. That means we have no money for food. I did say that when i was on the phone, "oh this puts us in a real bind, we won't have money for food" my words exactly. That did not change one darn thing....xfinity didn't care one bit. This is not the first time xfiinity has left my family in a quandry. They did it at Christmas time when they took over a thousand dollars from my account for a phone that we sent back, because they sent us a cracked cell phone. They kept telling us they couldn't get our money back before Christmas even thought they had no problem taking it quickly, they can never give it back quickly. We got our money back on Christmas eve after i had made a million calls and wrote a million emails. this happened weeks before christmas so we weren't able to shop in advance. My poor husband had to go out late christmas eve and find anyone open to buy some gifts for the kids......Why can't Comcast/Xfinity just do right by their customers without all the headache and hassle.... Our cable is never shut off, we always pay.....and they couldn't even give us our grocery money back???? So now we get to be hungry. Thank you again Xfinity for not caring for your faithful customers.
Official Employee

Re: Made 2 payments by mistake, cant get 1 back now we have no food

Hi iamcaprice, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you 

Official Employee

Re: Made 2 payments by mistake, cant get 1 back now we have no food

Hi iamcaprice, thank you for your private message and please reach out if you are still in need of assistance.

Thank you