Community Forum

MORE THAN 5 HOURS IN CHAT SESSION ATTEMPTING TO RESOLVE AN ISSUE TO BE TOLD RESOLUTION WILL COST

New Poster

MORE THAN 5 HOURS IN CHAT SESSION ATTEMPTING TO RESOLVE AN ISSUE TO BE TOLD RESOLUTION WILL COST

ATTENTION XFINITY CORPORATE AND ALL INTERESTED PARTIES - COMPLETE DISSATISFACTION

I am LIVID.  As I write this, it is 1619 and I have been in an active chat session to attempt to resolve issues with my Wifi and Xfinity Xfi since 1015 this morning.  That's right, for OVER 5 HOURS! This, by the way, is an issue that I first contacted support for more than a year ago.  I have an open trouble ticket for the issue (or so I was told at the time) from about a week ago when I was promised a call back from a specialized technician within the hour.   This has been my CONSTANT with Xfinity.  There have been times that I was promised calls back that did come, but outside of the window that I clearly expressed was convenient for me to be able to continue with troubleshooting or other resolution, therefore, trouble tickets I started were then closed by Xfinity.

More than 2 years ago I went into an Xfinity store to speak with someone personally abut the connectivity issues that my family has had with the Wifi.  In the end, I walked out with a second modem and assurance that once the install was complete, it woud resolve the issue and address some of the other concerns that I had.  For about a year, it had.  And I was able to rename, change passwords, manage parental controls, monitor usage for both connections thrugh the Xfi App.  Except for having to move my phone line to the new modem because it stopped working on the original, everything was as I expected and my family and I were pleased with this resolution. After about a year, I could no longer see my original modem in the app. I spent hours in chat or on the phone with technical support several times to attempt to resolve the new issue.  Several times, I was promised calls back and I clearly indicated windows of time that I would be available uninterrupted for those calls.  If they came, they were always outside of the time frames that I had requested and subsequently, my trouble tickets were closed by Xfinity.  

Last week, I spent hours in chat on the same issue and was directed to log in thrugh the 10.0.0.1 to monitor usage and change passwords.  In the process of changing passwords on my original modem, I was locked out of my Admin log in to do so.  Now, this modem while it is still showing as operating correctly can not be accessed by ANY device in my network.  I was promised a call within the hour of that trouble shooting attempt.  The call NEVER came.

Today, in attempt again to resolve my issues and address a couple of new ones (including TV and Security which still have not been addressed due to more than 5 hours on this) I have been told at least two different things by two different reps.  At one point I have been told that for my internet to work as it had when I added the second modem to begin with, I needed to be paying for a second internet service.  Then I was told that residential services can only have one internet service per address so I was never able or supposed to have the service (which HAD worked for a year) to begin with.  Now I am being told that I can have the second modem, for a rental of $13 per month and a service fee of $61.95 per month plus taxes and fees AND I am being pushed to make a commitment one way or the other in the moment.  I have argued that adding around another $100 to my already $300 monthly bill for services (which at least 1/3 of has not worked as promised for more than a year) is unreasonable.  I suggested that if the resolution is to add the second service that the first month be at no charge for my assessment of the satisfaction or lack of with this resolve although I still feel that additional fees are unacceptable in this case.

I must add, that when the chat started, it was more than a half hour between messages with the first rep.  20 minutes to the next, almost 10 to the next, then 20, then 40. The chat continued much in the same way, except at one point, I pointed out that my last contact from a rep was at 1349.  I did not get a reply until 1500.

As I close this post it is 1649, and a THIRD rep has entered into the chat AND the issue is still no closer to a resolution.  I am taking this next to BBB, then through regulatory services.