Community Forum

****MAJOR COMPLAINT****

New Poster

****MAJOR COMPLAINT****

To Whom it May Concern:

The issues are so many, I truly don’t know where to begin here.

My experience with Comcast has never been smooth sailing.  Perhaps so for a brief period of time while I had no changes to make in my package, billing or account.

So for the purposes of sticking to the matter at hand, I’ll omit the many issues I had at the beginning of my account set up a couple of years ago.

I’m moving this Friday and have spent approximately four and a half hours on the phone with Comcast over the past two days.  My phone records can account for every minute.

Nobody these days has 4+ hours to waste on the phone for a simple address transfer and service ADD ONS (home security, thermostat, camera, installation fee, etc.)

The place I’m moving to now has a bulk account and, for some reason, nobody can assist me accurately.

I’ve been transferred so many times over multiple phone calls that get cut off and no one (except for one agent) has the courtesy of calling back.

After a call on Saturday that lasted over an hour and a half and had a couple of transfers, the line got cut off and the agent took over half an hour to call back.  During that call I was quoted at $99 for cable, internet and home security.  I was already on the phone with someone else for several minutes and it’s impossible to be transferred to the agent I spent over an hour with on the phone.  So Comcast makes their customers have to explain everything that was discussed in a call that lasted over an hour and a half all over again?!

Finally the agent called me back, only to let me know that my new place has a bulk account and that I must be transferred to another department.  After a long wait, she comes back to tell me there was a 15 minute wait to speak with this department.  I could no longer wait.

I called again later and spoke with the bulk account department and the agent was unable to disclose any information to me about the bulk account because I had to speak with my HOA first.  They advised me to cancel my current account and transferred me to the appropriate department.  I explained everything to the new agent and told them I’d like to cancel my account on May 5th.  She advised me to call back on the 4th to avoid service disruption in the meantime.  At that point I lost my head!  What?!  I’m calling now…you’re telling me to call the day before so as to avoid service disruption?!?!  WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?!  After that call, I asked to speak with a supervisor.  None were available.  I asked to be called back.  I’m still waiting.

Today I called my HOA and was told that someone from Comcast would call me back.

An account executive called me back about an hour later and gave me the phone number of the bulk account department so I could call them up to set up my account.  The agent who answered said he could help.  After 40 minutes of setting up the cable (cable only), I explained I also wanted internet and home security.  He mentioned he may have to run my credit at which point I EXPLICITLY told him I did NOT authorize a credit check and that it didn’t make sense to run my credit when I’ve been with Comcast for over two years and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER had a late payment.  He told me he’d never run my credit without my authorization.  He told me everything was set up and ready to go for cable, but he’d need to transfer me to the Home Security department.  I double check with him about running my credit and he told me to rest assured that he HAD NOT run my credit.

I was then transferred to a Danielle from Home Security.  I explained everything and she quoted me at $119 for internet and home security only.  Evidently I disagreed with the price.  I was quoted for $99 the day before WITH cable.  That obviously doesn’t make any sense.

She placed me on hold and came back stating I’d need to wait for six months because of my credit.  At that point I lost my head…again.  I asked her whether she had run my credit and she said she had. HOW DARE A COMPANY RUNS MY CREDIT WITHOUT MY CONSENT?!?!?!?!??!!  She apologized several times, said I was right.  I asked to speak to a supervisor.  None were available.

Finally I asked to be transferred to the cancellation department.  I was transferred, had to explain everything all over again, was placed on hold twice.  Not surprisingly, this agent was also very unhelpful.  The agent had long pauses of dead silence.  Again I requested a supervisor.  None were available.  She said somebody would call me tomorrow.  I asked to be called back TONIGHT.  I’m still waiting.

I wonder if Comcast even has supervisors.  Or perhaps they are too busy handling the awful customer service provided by their agents.  I lead a customer service team and find this situation appalling

I’m truly flabbergasted at the lack of consideration and terrible customer service.  This is no way to treat anyone, let alone a customer.

I will post this email in the BBB, Facebook, and every social media site out there.

Monika Dominici

Gold Problem Solver

Re: ****MAJOR COMPLAINT****

monikarioka7,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Expert

monikarioka7 wrote:

She placed me on hold and came back stating I’d need to wait for six months because of my credit.  At that point I lost my head…again.  I asked her whether she had run my credit and she said she had. HOW DARE A COMPANY RUNS MY CREDIT WITHOUT MY CONSENT?!?!?!?!??!!  

Comcast can run a credit check on you w/o your authorization for a legitimate business need in a transaction that you initiated. It's permissible under federal law.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

Hello monikarioka7, I would be happy to look into this issue for you. I would need to verify your account, can you click on my name and select private message to go over your account? Thank you

Official Employee

Closed old thread