Community Forum

Lying about Charges

New Poster

Lying about Charges

I dont understand how xfinity is a multi-billion dollar company buf there is so much dishonesty and decpetion. I have been using the hotspot for months because I could not figure how to install it myself. I didnt have time too even though I was orginally told the first call to setup your internet was free. Then I called to setup an appointment asked specifically if I would be charged. Was told I would be notified by the technician before any charges would be incurred. The customer service representative sounded nervous about it so I clarified two more times. Because I was prompted to accept the terms for payment. The technician shows up. He checks things out asks me if I want the internet in my bedroom or living room. He knows what the problem is at this point I ask him if there will be charges for this. I have never heard so much diversion and bs in my life. "Well im just a technician, we are not trained in the billing process, I dont really know if people get billed. What did the rep tell you?" I told him exactly what she said then he lied to my face knowing I was going to be charged $60 just for him to connect two wires in the living. He was there for a total of 10 min and inside my house for 7 min. That kind of customer service is unnacceptable this seems like common practice for xfinity for a long time now. I dont care how nice your representatives are if you teach them to lie to customers so they can be up-charged. I am so done with cable companies. I need to research alternative internet providers. If anyone has an alternative to xifinity comacast please post!