Community Forum

Loyal customer now canceling service.

New Poster

Loyal customer now canceling service.

I have been a customer of Comcast for a few years ( tv and internet) and even left my cell phone provider to join xfinity mobile when it started, during the years with them I have had more bad experiences than good, however I have remained a faithful customer until today. When I first signed up my bill was around $120 after tax now it is almost always over $200 a month ( and about another $100 for mobile), anyway that aside the current issue started yesterday when I got home and my kids said the tv wasn't working, I got on the app to find my service had been suspended. I had just made a payment arrangement on the 22nd that needed to be completed by the 31st for $203, I made the payment and then 2 days later my service was disconnected, needless to say I was not very happy so I called the 1 800 # only to be on hold for 17 minutes and then to be connected to a rude agent who was not helpful at all and only kept saying I needed to pay more money, she also said it had to do with the billing cycle and being billed a month in advance, I told her that this was ridiculous and I would like to speak to a supervisor, she then put me on hold and when she returned she informed me that all supervisors were busy and could not take my call, she then took my number and said that a supervisor would call me within 15 to 20 minutes later, I waited for over 2 hours for a callback and never received it. I even tried calling the customer service number again but was left on hold so I gave up. Today I tried again and called in and at this point I had decided that if they were not going to make things right I was going to cancel my service. The first gentleman I talked to sent me over to a supervisor named Deanna, once I spoke to her she listened to my complaint and looked in to my account and said my services were disconnected because the payment I made on the 31st did not show until the 1st, she also told me there was nothing she could do and I would have to pay the $200 before my service could be turned on. I told her I did not feel that was right and if there was nothing they could do I would rather cancel services and find another provider, she gladly canceled my service and that was that. I am not happy with how this situation played out but it seems they are and they do not care about losing long time customers. I will not be referring anyone to them now or in the future.