Community Forum

Low Hanging Wires

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Low Hanging Wires

Hello,  I have low hanging wires that construction trucks can't get under.  I am doing work on my house and they need access.  I noticed the wire that crosses the street now has yellow flags hanging on it.  How do I make certain the wire is addressed on my property?  It needs to be either rasied or put underground.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Low Hanging Wires

Hi there, yrmiller. Thank you for posting here in the community. We take issues of this nature seriously, especially when the line is blocking walkways/driveways/streets. It sounds like there may already be an order placed to raise the line, since it has been flagged. What we will want to do is check/confirm that. We will also follow up along the way - through to completion, to ensure a resolution to this. If you can start by sending us a PM with your first and last name, we can take a look and help from there. 

To send a private message, please click our name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello,  Thanks for sending someone out.  He didn't seem to know what was going on.  When will the low hanging wires be corrected?  I was told by another service guy, the wires will need to be buried since there is no room on the pole just inside my property at the south east.

Highlighted
Expert

I Escalated your post a second time. Hope this helps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hey @yrmiller ! Thanks for letting us know. We reached back out to you in PM. Please continue to follow up with us there.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this?  No one has contacted us about this.  What is the plan?

Highlighted
Expert

@yrmiller wrote:

Any updates on this?  No one has contacted us about this.  What is the plan?

Did you reply back to Comcast Support (by PM (envelope upper right on screen) as they requested? They cannot help without getting needed personal information to be able to help.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yes. I have responded via PM.  I have heard nothing.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello,  What is the status of this?  I have heard nothing since this being escalated.  Please help.

Highlighted
Expert

@yrmiller wrote:

Hello,  What is the status of this?  I have heard nothing since this being escalated.  Please help.

Did you follow up with Comcast_Support via PM as requested?

If not, this will need to be re-escalated because the Comcast_Support username is no longer being used.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi yrmiller. I am following up on this thread and your the low hanging wires concern. Was this issue resolved for you? 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello,  No, it is not resolved.  The wires are too low.  The same wires cross the street and are already taged with yellow tape.  These need to be buried I was told since there is no room on 1 of the 2 poles on my property.  Xcel is on call to remove them once the cabels are taken care of.  The are both comcast and century link cables so you will need to coordinate ithe century link. 

Please help us.  We need to do work onour house and were told the trucks can not make it under the wires to dump material.

Thanks,

Yvonne