Community Forum

Lousy service, constant breakdowns in service.

New Poster

Lousy service, constant breakdowns in service.

It appears that concerns regarding service issues do not get routed to engineering staff to provide permanent fixes. For the last eight weeks. Service has crashed - internet, tv and home security at least once, more likely 3 or more times a day.

You can watch modems reset and restart make the connection to service and fail...sometimes in as little as three minutes. Hardware systems in the area are obviously having a problem whether it is weather related or just aged hardware, it needs prompt attention and isn’t getting it.

Regular Contributor

Re: Lousy service, constant breakdowns in service.

Identifying your location by zip code might help here, unless you're just venting.  Not sure posting here would have any better technical support if you haven't been successful by phone.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

Yes, I'm venting. The service technicians in India know two things: how to send a reboot signal; and, how to place a service technician work order. Although, sometimes it's unclear that they know how to do the latter. 

Unfortunately the problem(s) go beyond a simple service call. This is a apparently a recurring problem with the routing lines and substations - an engineering issue. I'm about to start a survey  of the neighbors. If there are enough of us having the same problems, I’m sure that the consumer protection agencies can help us get a handle on it. 

I don't know about them needing a zip code, since I had to log in to get here, they should be able to figure out who and where their customer is.

Expert

@gwhfishes

Have you had a tech visit?

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Frequently.

the modem indicates no internet connection during these episodes. I suspect fluctuation In signal strength. It probably will take a recording signal strength monitor to identify the fault.  Note I recently upgraded the modem.  I was having the problem before the upgrade. It quit for about five days and began again. Just for grins and giggles, I’m going to take the modem back and get a new one.  

Expert

Start here: troubleshooting guide. Please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

I looked at the details.

i've decided that I will replace the modem every time the condition reappears. Eventually Comcast/Xfinity will respond to the frequency of the modem exchange or not.

Why am I having to do Comcast's research? Are they not monitoring their system responses? My response is going to be a complaint to the state consumer watchdog, replacement of the modem when the frequency of the interruption of service warrants. I will also survey my neighbors regarding similar service interruptions. If the neighbors are also experiencing this issue, other responses will be considered. 

It it is no wonder Comcast's reputation for service is not stellar. If there was competition for service in the area, I might look for an alternate service provider.

the janitor, interesting designator, need not reply.