Community Forum

Loss of service

New Poster

Loss of service

So I lost my service today (internet, phone and home security). Called Comcast immediately and can't have a tech out for 2 days. Was outside after and figured it out something must have happened to line due to install of basketball hoop. The only problem with that is there were markings and flags by Comast at the street, barely visible markings further up toward my house, but no markings in the area where the hoop was going (which was flagged). I then called back to let them know that part of the story. No change in appointment, the only flexibility is being wait listed, which is close to impossible in a household where everyone works.

I guess my question is how can there be no other way to help. The good business I know who rely on customer service work late to handle customer service situations. I am not sure why there can't be typical 8-4, 9-5 days, but staff/techs on call to help with emergencies and/or issues that arise from provider error. Seems like a simple solution.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Loss of service

The markings are made by locating contractors and not Comcast. I’m not sure if you realize but techs work 10 hour days and there are already extra techs who take care of work when other techs are running behind or if there’s over scheduling of work or to account for tech sick days. I’ve escalated it up to a colleague to see if maybe they can get you in. If not, unfortunately you’ll just have to be patient and wait for your appointment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, rroser. Welcome to the community, thanks for posting, we're glad to have you. While I can understand it being frustrating losing service regardless of the situation, we always try our best to get you the soonest appointment available. I will see what I can do for you here. Please send me a private message with your name and we'll confirm from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I will reply as soon as I can. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi again, rroser. I ended up not hearing back from you on this after my reply to your private message. I have gone ahead and completed this interaction. If you end up needing further support on this though, please get back to me via PM. Thank you, take care.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!