Community Forum

Losing a customer because Comcast wouldn't extend a current offer makes no sense

New Poster

Losing a customer because Comcast wouldn't extend a current offer makes no sense

I called Comcast to remove TV and Voice from my account, and see what offers were available for Internet Only. The rep quoted me the retail price of $70+ for 105 Mbps. This same package is $45 for new customers.

The coversation went like this:

Me: Why can't you offer me the promo rate? Look at how long I've been a customer

Comcast: Over 10 years

Me: And you're not willing to offer me the same price as a stranger who just signs up today?

Comcast: No, I can't

Me: Do you know what ATT will say when I call them?

Comcast: They'll likely offer you a promotional rate to get you to sign up.

Me: And you're not willing to do the same to keep me?

Comcast: No

Me: Please cancel all my services effective immediately.

Can anyone explain how this makes any sense?

New Poster

Re: Losing a customer because Comcast wouldn't extend a current offer makes no sense

Same exact problem today.  The short answer ... *they don't care*.

Official Employee

Re: Losing a customer because Comcast wouldn't extend a current offer makes no sense

Hello @talmazor

We certainly value your business, opinions, and feedback. We appreciate all our customers, old and new. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. If you would like, I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.