Community Forum

Looking to get internet but cable is in another name

New Poster

Looking to get internet but cable is in another name

A few years ago this house was set up for Comcast cable. Currently I am looking to switch from a slow DSL to Comcast but there is a problem. I was talking to someone else that lives in this house and found out the current cable is in another person's name that is helping us. We are trying to figure out what I should do since I would like internet but the cable is in someone else's name.

Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to get internet but cable is in another name

@Jack53- I am pretty sure you would have to call Xfinity @ 1 (800) 934-6489 and setup a new account for internet. Unless you can get the primary account holder to add the internet on his T.V. bill. Hope this helps -TheMasterTech

New Poster

I do have a account through comcast since I am currently using a hotspot near me for the time being. Not exactly the best but it works for now. But if I would have to call and set up a new account then alright.

Official Employee

Hi @Jack53, that would probably be the best bet if the current account holder is not willing to add the internet for you. But you may run into the issue of having 2 accounts at one address if there is no upper/lower unit, or A&B units. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!