Community Forum

Look what techs left for me....

Regular Visitor

Look what techs left for me....

This is how Comcast techs left my cable box. Apparently this is their idea of communication? I told them I wouldn't be available to let them in and asked that they check connections outside house. I received no phone call, email, or even a note on my door informing me of their findings. Both internet and tv have been out 2 days. PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
Official Employee Digital Care

Re: Look what techs left for me....

Hi @marie-1969

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums to bring this to our attention. I'd like to see how we can better your experience. Unfortunately, I was not able to access any images with the link you provided. Can you please re-post the picture?  

In order to investigate further, can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Sorry, I didn't post the photo correctly the first time.

I've had no service at all since Wednesday, September 4th.  I am currently going through cancer treatment. I work and sleep. I have no time or energy to deal with waiting for a tech to come into my home. Therefore, I asked that your tech do only what he could do outside and not knock on the door.

I've tested things myself using a new coax attached to my brand new X1 box and to my modem, from the outside box (upstream of the splitter).  There was no signal. I'm certain the issue is outside. Apparently, techs installed a booster or some such at this location on September 3rd. Your customer service rep assured me that would fix the intermittent drops I've been experiencing since service was installed here. Now I have no service at all. I need internet to do research and to be able to communicate with my doctors.

I've had no success speaking or emailing with your customer service reps. I see no reason to DM you my account information unless you promise to have a tech come to fix the connection outside my house.

It should not be this difficult to get basic service. And again, there is no excuse for your tech to leave my outside box in such an unprofessional state, the issue unresolved, and to not even attempt to communicate his findings!

Official Employee Digital Care

Hi there, marie-1969. We understand the urgency and need for a reliable connection, especially considering your circumstances. Generally speaking ~ the technicians that are scheduled to homes for service calls (especially for service that is all-out) will need access to both inside and outside the home, in order to have the best changes of reaching a solution for you. We understand you have done some troubleshooting and believe the issue to be an outside issue. We will do our best to accommodate you with your request to check outside the home only, however, we cannot make any promises or guarantees that we can fix it that way. Please let us know if you would like to move forward. They will generally communicate their findings upon accessing both inside and outside the home. Thank you for your understanding.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!