Community Forum

Long time customer needing help.

Frequent Visitor

Long time customer needing help.

I am a LONG time customer.  I don't even remember how long, long before the company became "Comcast".  I think it used to be Storer in this area, so 20+ years.   Anyway, my problem is that I have to get my new bill reduced or I may have to give up Comcast and go with someone else. My 2 year X1 Prefered Triple Play contract expired.  As a new customer, they are offering very nice packages at reduced rates for a 2-year contract.  I don't really want to give up what I already have, but I can't justify paying more for it.    When I call Comcast, I get offered the triple play package of the day, but priced much higher than if I were a "new" customer.     I realy don't want a dish bolted to the side of my house.  Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Long time customer needing help.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Frequent Visitor

Did I read your message correctly. You stated I was geting the best rate - with no other options.

New customer X1 Prefered Triple Play - $119.99

Old longtime customer best rate -  X1 Prefered Triple Play - $175.00 

I am unclear on your message - did you make an error?  Please explain your decision, I thought this was a forum to help keep existing customers from swithing to other ISP/Phone/TV providers.

Frequent Visitor

This is one reason why people are dumping Comcast. When one is on a fixed income, these high prices and increases are too much. We sign a contract for a certain price and Comcast doesn't honor that price.

I am getting to my one year date and started researching streaming. I have already checked my computer and TV are ok

doing it. If I have to, I can get Century Link here which I had for years.

Frequent Visitor

ken1943,

You are correct. Comcast has no intension to keep loyal customers. See reply below from ComcastShane

That is correct, unfortunately, I do not have better pricing for the same service you have. If we have a promotion we would definitely use it. 

Has anyone had a positive experience with this forum to get new customer rates being a long time customer?

Frequent Visitor

This is the problem with mergers today, companies get too big and 'forget' about their customers. Who do you think pays

for these billion dollar mergers ?

Official Employee

Hi Ken, 

I'm sorry you feel this way. New customers are offered lower-priced plans as an introductory rate. This promotion is provided for a limited time like the plans offered for existing customers. Once the discounts roll off, it will cause your bill to increase to what we refer to as EDP or everyday pricing.

I can review your account to see if there's any promo's going on in your area that will help lower your rate. If you'd like me to do so, please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Don't bother, I have until August to decide what I want to do. Too bad no Senior dicount but we have to pay for their purchased companies

Official Employee

Ok. We're here if you need us in the future. Take care. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Don't bother, Ive heard this before " In the near future" - be honest there will never will be any offers for existing long time customers. 

Is there a manager that can give a better rate to retain my account. If not connect me to cancellation department. Please forward

Frequent Visitor

Re: Customer rentention for long term cust

In same situation as above poster .. and have been getting the runaround here on the forum. I thought this forum was here to help existing long term customers. Below is response from another " you are getting the best rate " This one spun a new twist to the common scripted previous answers "In the near future"

My response -

Don't bother, Ive never heard this one before " In the near future" - be honest there will never will be any others for existing long time customers. 

Is there a manager that can give a better rate to retain my account. If not connect me to cancellation department. Please forward

Official Employee

@1forvenice, I've replied to your private message regarding the cancellation of your account. 

Frequent Visitor

Comcast has no intension to keep loyal customers, keep this thread alive ...

I can see them locking this thread  ..... 

Please reply

Official Employee

Sorry you feel that way @1forvenice, as I mentioned in our private messages, there are no promotions in your area that I can offer at this time that will help lower your rate. 

Official Employee

Re: Customer rentention for long term cust

1forvenice, I understand your frustrations. I would hate to lose you as a customer. I see you have already spoken with Che and we work on the same corporate forums team. I'd be happy to explore other options to lowering your rate if you would like. Please send me a private message if you would like additional assistance.