Community Forum

Long Driveway

New Poster

Long Driveway

We moved in with my father in law and his drive way is .3 miles right now we only have DSL from Frontier but would much rather have fast internet. We would need to run a new line. our Neighbor just ran a comcast line. Is there any way for me to piggy back off that. Our Driveways v off eachother so part of the cable is under ours. Every time I call comcast they tell me that there is not a box close enought to run to but that is proven wrong by my neighbor. Who do I talk to get help with this. I just keep getting transfered to different departments.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Long Driveway

Did you ask your neighbor if he paid for that extension? That’s the only way an extension of that length would happen. You would need your own extension, I’m sure your neighbor wouldn’t want his services degraded for your own personal services. You’ll need a site survey done to see what options are available.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

He did pay for it himself. Which I would also do but no one at comcast will come out and give me an esimate because they say there is no box close enough to us. Which I now know is not true. I just keep getting passed along. I tell them we would pay for it but they still wont do anything

New Poster

I meant by piggy backing is that did he bring a box closer for us to connect to.

Official Employee

Hi Minimimi11, thank you for reacing out here and welcoem to our forums. I can help review any open serviceability tickets and submit one to our local team accordingly for you.  Please send us a private messag ewith your full name and address to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!