Community Forum

Local Agent misled me and had me sign a 12 month plan without telling me

Regular Visitor

Local Agent misled me and had me sign a 12 month plan without telling me

So i just found out today that I've been on a 12 month Internet Service plan. I never willingly signed any such agreement, and if i had i was not told that i was signing one.

Not only that but the amont for a 12 month service plan per month is $39.99, except i am paying $49.99 which only further leads me to believe i have been misled and lied to.

I plan to trying to meet with the same Agent/Rep and talk to them and ask why he placed me on a 12 month plan without truthfully telling me he was going to.

I never choose the 12 month plan and I'd rather pay the additional $10 rather then be locked into a agreement i could need to break.

Depending on what the Agent says, i will be seeking legal help because this is dishonest, disgusting and misleading.
Expert

Re: Local Agent misled me and had me sign a 12 month plan without telling me

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hi Daragoth, thank you for reaching out here on the Xfinity Forums and I can assist reviewing this for your. Could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Well I sent ComcastPhill a PM with the info requested, but have not heard back.

Depending on if I hear back from him by tomorrow (which I don't have a lot of confidence I will with my recent negative experience with Comcast in general), I plan on going into the local branch, asking to see the Supervisor and depending on how that goes either demanding the 12 month Contract I didn't knowingly agree to be removed from my account and I be credited for the past several months I've paid for because I should have been paying $10 less then I actually have been. Or if he/she refuses then I will inform them that I'll be seeking a lawyer as I was scammed and blatently lied to by one of his/her agents and signed something that I was told was something else.

So let's hope it doesn't come to a legal outcome, but a choice has to be made and I hope Comcast doesn't act stubborn and refuse to refund and reverse something I would NOT have agreed to had I known what the Agent was having me sign (or had he been truthful and not outright lied to my face).

Regular Visitor

Can't wait for you to try hiring a lawyer for $588.

Official Employee

Hi Daragoth, apologies for the delay but I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Daragoth, thank you for the update via private message and glad to hear our local team was able to help you.  Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you for your time.