Community Forum

Livid

New Poster

Livid

I am livid that xfinity wasted 6 HOURS giving me the runaround.  I had a lot happen in past 2 months, mom passed away, so lots of travellling for funeral then a month later for burial (ground was froze), etc. I got behind with my bill, I was shut off, understandable. What isn't understandable is that my $29 internet + $10 modem = $58.08!  Insane, no tv, no nothing but internet. And, to top it off, of the 6 people I had to endure dealing with tonight, not ONE answered me why my bill was so high....and they still haven't. 

Anyway, I was shut off yesterday. Tonight at 630 pm I pay my past due amount in full which is WHAT THE PAYMENT PAGE SHOWED FOR ME TO PAY.  Nothing happened. Waited til 7 then did online chat wondering how long it would be before service restored.  The guy really had no clue what he was talking about...so I gave up and kept trying to connect. Finally, at 9 I called and spoke to a nice gentleman who told me all was good, they got my payment and it would be 6-12 hours because they need to reactivate my modem.  Stinks, but ok, that's fine, at least I had an answer and knew it would be coming back on. Yay! 

No, wait, Boo....read on.

THEN I get an email saying that my account information had been changed and if I did that, no worries, but if I didn't to contact them.  I didn't so I did the online chat again. This was at 10:23pm. Well that guy really had no good news. He totally ignores my concern for contacting him in the first place but tells me my account is permanently disabled...WHAT?  We went back and forth for a while...I explained all of the above and blah blah. He sends me off to someone else. We go through it all again.  Yep they got my payment, but that pay amount was only good for YESTERDAY (the day they shut me off) and since I'd paid TODAY, well too bad, too late/ What? They shut you off one day and by the next you're persona non grata? Great customer retention there. Geez.  Come to find out they wanted even MORE money!  I tried explaining that people I'd spoken to earlier had said all was well, just had to do a reactivation on modem....Well all that BS I was fed was just that.  I think they make stuff up as they go and some of their customer service is not trained at all or the ARE trained to ignore your concerns and just babble on about things you didn't ask about and don't care about, and they are not empowered at all.

So I end up having to pay even MORE money (nearly $200 at this point) but wait, I'm no longer a customer (because...24 hours lol)  so they have to set me up a NEW account and all that.  It's like 11:30 and I'm transferred to sales now.  Can this place be even more of a circus at ALL? I mean really. I pretty much had to do everything...I even asked one guy what he was being paid for because theyliterally can do nothing, you have to do it all. I said just turn my service back on.Nope, I have to talk to another person, and do 1million other things. 

Finally Im asking about my high bill (again, and again with NO answer, they don't even acknowledge it, they just act like you never asked. Clearly they are trained to ignore anything that's remotely negative..great service there huh?)  and what deals he might have since I have to start  all over because apparently I only had the day they shut me off to pay?  It makes no sense whatsoever.

The person in sales I was on chat with must be the slowest chat rep on earth. Almost 2 hours with him just to get new service. I didn't get off with him til 1am!!!  I mean is comcast going to pay me for MY time for your reps incompetence and having 5 different reps tell me 5 different things? Does ANYONE there know what they are doing at all? It's completely insane and the furthest thing from good customer service I've ever encountered.

We finally got me set up with a new "plan"...but STILL no internet, that's gonna be even several MORE hours, because spending 6 hours on phone and chat with them isn't enough?  Time is money and you took all miine and have given me nothing but grief  in exchange.  I should have known they would be a nightmare when the installer stole my splitter and a few other miscellaneous cables and such that I had. When I called comcast/xfinity to make them aware, they really didnt give a hoot.  "Oh, I'm sure it was an accident" What? LIke heck it was..I mean really. They tried to offer me $5 credit for that. How cheap can  you be. It cost me $12 to replace my splitter and  I still need to get some more cables the guy stole. 

I'd stay as far away from them as humanly possible and the instant I can, I will, and gladly. It's been horrific experience all the way around for something that should be very very simple. Unfortunately,they are the only game in my town. Monopoly much? why should they give a hoot about their customers when they know they are the only option.  I absolutely hate them and I will be tweeting and reporting to every forum and agency I can. 

Sorry I wrote a novel, Im fuming and STILL HAVE NO INTERNET. This is just a nightmare.

Expert

Re: Livid

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi pushkagal, 

I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had while trying to get this taken care of. I'd also like to review your account to help provide an explanation of your high bill, as well as help with your internet issues. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

did reply. No response as yet.  The plot thickens, returned home today after being out for less than an hour and guess what? NO INTERNET.  You guys run a circus. So I'm now having YOU guys fix YOUR error, again costing me money since I had to pay for wifi on demand to be able to chat.  

New Poster

Another hour because they shut off my brand new, 5 day old service because the work order wasn't completed. Uhm, far as I can tell that IS NOT MY ISSUE that you have incompetent employees. So I had to pay for internet AGAIN to be able to chat, sent to 3 different people AGAIN, spend just over an HOUR AGAIN for you to fix.  To top it off, I missed a 4pm work deadline.  Thanks xfinity. Who's now going to pay me for MY TIME (all 7 hours dealing with you)?? I Want a phone call from a manager who can DO SOMETHING helpful.