Community Forum

Little faith

New Poster

Little faith

Hello I’m a current Comcast member. Last week (on Friday the 2nd) we received storms in our area which knocked out power to my house for around 20hrs. Once power resumed (on Saturday the 3rd) I noticed that 1 of my 3 cable boxes wasn’t working. At this time I contacted your customer care dept to report this and see if I could get the issue resolved. The 1st young lady I spoke with said “there is nothing she could do, that there was a known issue in my area and I would have to wait.” Due to the fact that my other 2 tv boxes, my internet and home phone was working I found this odd and asked to speak to a supervisor. Once on the phone with this lady I was told that “this could happen, that it could only affect 1 piece of my entire system,” and “I just going to have to wait it out.” After waiting the time frame they gave me my service still wasn’t working, so I called again. The gentleman I spoke with this time told me everything I was told before was false and there must be an issue with the box and he would set up an apt. We set the appointment for 3-5p on Tuesday 3/6. On Tuesday I received a text At 2:45p that my tech was on his way and would be there shortly. It was then I noticed the techs van in front of my home. 20min laster I received a text stating the tech has arrived and would greet me shortly, 20mins later the tech came to my door (around 3:30p.). The tech replaced my box that was damaged and I asked if my other equipment was current where he replied no and he would switch them out as well. He replaced my box in my basement and now I was running short on time as I had to get my child from school (about 5p) I asked how much longer and explained my issue where he replied only a couple more min. At 5:30 I explained I had to leave and he then stated that he would leave the 3rd box for my bedroom and that it was easy to set up, that all I had to do was plug it in and follow the prompts on the screen, I agreed, he closed out the job and went on his way but gave me his contact info Incase I needed help. Wednesday morning I went down to my basement to watch tv where I noticed that it wasn’t working and giving an error code. I called that technical support number where they tried to fix the issue with no success. They had to open an advance technical support ticket and that some would would reach out to me. I was then transferred to the retention department where a rep was very helpful and offered me a discount. He also stated he didn’t think what I went through was right and he was going to see if he could get a tech out that day to fix or at the minimum get me the 1st appointment on Thursday, and that someone would be calling me in 30mins. This was at 12:30p (now I’ve spent close to 4hrs on the phone.). At 3:30p when I still hadn’t received a call I reached out yet again. I again spoke to a young lady in the retention department and explained everything I had gone through again. She again was very helpful and worked to resolve with zero success. At this time I told her I had the in field techs name and cell phone number and asked if that would help. She personally reached out to the tech and explained how upset I was and asked him to resolve this issue ASAP. The tech told her he knew who I was and remembered the install and knew the issue and that he would reach out to me 1st thing Thursday morning. At 1:30p Thursday I hadn’t heard from him so I reach out to him. At this time we spoke and he was able to get permission to come out at 7p that night to fix when I got home from work. At 6:30p Thursday I reacted out to the tech to make sure we were still good, at this point he told me he was still on a call and had to go do a line drop after that and he wouldn’t be able to make it at 7p, but could be about around 9p. I conveyed that this wouldn’t work as I have young children and need them in bed. He then ensured me that he would be out on Friday the 9th at 7p and get it taken care of. At this time I was contacted by your advanced technical support and spent close to 2.5hrs on the phone with them where they still couldn’t resolve the issue and they stated it would take an in field tech to complete (this rep was very professional and tried their hardest.) At 1:30p Friday I texted the field rep to make sure we were still good and he replied “7p right...yeah” then sent him a message that I would let him know when I was going to be home as I was able to get off early, this was at 4:30p. I never heard back from him. At 7:30p he hadn’t showed up so I tried to call and no answer, I then sent a text, with no reply, I then called again with no answer. So at this time I called customer service again. The rep at customer service then reached out to the field tech where he then stated he was “in the woods with limited service and had been since 4:30.” It was at this time he said he was close to finishing up there (about 20 more mins) and could come out after that, this was 8:15p. I explained again that I have young children and this couldn’t happen. It was at this time that they asked when I could be free for them. I explained I was going to be away on the weekend and that this has gotten out of control. We agreed to 6:30p on Monday (because they offered no other option and I was out of choices) as that would be the next time I’d be free.

This run around that I’m getting is very upsetting and disheartening. I can’t believe this is the way you as a company want their paying customers treated. I wouldn’t love to speak to someone other than a customer service rep about my long drawn out issue.

Sincerely
Lost Faith

Expert

Re: Little faith

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Little faith

Hi Dmont, 

Sorry for the delayed reply. Were you finally able to get your box up and working? I'd like to see how I can help make this right for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.