Community Forum

Line service concern (6 month issue)

New Poster

Line service concern (6 month issue)

I've been having an ongoing issue now since purchasing a home in Olympia, Washington back in August 2017. I'm going to establish a rough timeline of events to the best of my memory. Mind you this is incomplete because I wasn't formally tracking as I didn't forsee an issue at the time.

August 16 2017 - Call placed by myself to attain Xfinity/Comcast blast internet for my property in residential Olympia, Wa (Thurston County). The individual checked, found service was possible, and sent a modem with activation kit to my property.

August 20th 2017 (or thereabouts) - Modem kit arrived. I attempted to install at all coax jacks in house. Calls placed to activate line were made over two days. Nothing worked, no signal could be attained.

August 21st 2017 (or thereabouts) - I spoke to comcast IT tech explained that signal wasn't reaching house to activate modem. A visiting tech would need to be dispatched to manually activate line.

August 25th (or thereabouts) - Tech arrived and spent two hours or so trying to activate line. He finally gave up stating Comcast would need to repair the line that was already run (this is key info, remember for later). He also stated he was unable to run a temporary line. He gave me a rough timeframe of Late October.

Sometime between August 25th and September 25th - Spraypaint noted on our grass running from the road (appx 300 feet) to our driveway. This was placed where the tech previously had measured. It appears they were prepping to dig.

Late September, date unk - My fiancee (also on account, same address) received a call on her phone stating that the Comcast construction team had taken over. This individual (Erica) indicated that the line was "bad" and that it would need to be redug/replaced. During a subsequent conversation with me she estimated the cost to fix our already buried line at my already serviced location would be $1000 or so. At this point I believe she quoted me for an October install.

Mid October - Line drop crew called to cancel. They stated that the line length was too long and that we would need some sort of hub adjusted to provide service. Comcast also indicated a subcontractor would take over to finish the job. No exact timeframe was given although it would be "soon".

Mid October - January - Many, many calls placed to "Erica" and a "Bryce" in sales, who I had spoke to periodically about progress. I have both numbers and can get call logs if needed to confirm, if it comes to that. During this timeframe I never received an answer as to when the line fix would occur, price, or further info. Erica told me many individuals were in my shoes and to be patient.

As of January 8th 1143 I have no answer on price, a date of install, or any other info.

I'm a very patient man but this is ridiculous. Furthermore the location is serviceable, already has a line, and is proven by the fact that a modem was sent to my property in August by Comcast after they researched it. Why am I being asked to repair/upgrade infrastructure running to my house that failed? I was told my location was serviceable and already had a line in place when I bought the house.

I'm asking that someone who can assist me with this.

I've talked to many, many customer service reps. I'd like to talk to someone who can exercise some authority.

Thank you for hearing my issue.

Edit: scrubbed previous post for personal info.
Expert

Re: Line service concern (6 month issue)

In my region, if Comcast already has service established at the residence, then any infrastructure upgrades they need to do is their problem. They probably shouldn't be asking you to pay for a plant extension (that's why they want an extra $1K). I'd give the corporate reps that reply to your post a chance to sort it out. If you don't get satisfaction, I'd suggest you complain to your local franchising authority, their contact info is on your bill or any phone rep should be able to give you the info. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: Line service concern (6 month issue)

Hello ackerj71, I can address your serviceability concerns here. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!