Community Forum

Limited plan options even as neighbors seem to have plenty -- why?

New Poster

Limited plan options even as neighbors seem to have plenty -- why?

1)  I had plan for blast internet and limited channels for $70 roughly with HBO included.  It was a promotional price for one year- upon its expiration another offer was available to me for 5 dollars more which I took.  That expired recently.

2)  The regular price is now roughly $105, and as such I was inclined to cancel my service and move it to AT&T.

3)  I called comcast to cancel and they tried to deter me from cancelling and offered me a bunch of packages in Spanish.  I explained that I really just liked what I had but at rate that was close to what I had been paying.  The rep told me to call back later and check as maybe they would have more plans available in early May. 

4) I called back and same thing... now I'm told, the reason why I can't get similar pricing is because I am not able to get x1 in my area.  Also apparently the only internet speeds available in my home are 60MBPS, 25MBPs or blast at 150MBPS.  I thought it strange since x1 had been available in my area years ago.  I checked two houses to my left and they had x1 and gigabit speed plans available among others.  The same thing 2 houses to my right.   Thus, I wonder, why my home would be an island limited services.  It seems like Comcast would like to keep me in the services that they want at the price they want.  If I can't get a resolution to this, then yeah I think I'll go ahead cancel my service.

At best this is simply a system error.  At worst this an example of questionable business practices.

New Poster

Re: Limited plan options even as neighbors seem to have plenty -- why?

No ideas why I’m the only one on my block that can’t get X1 or different packages of internet? Is this common?
Valued Contributor

No it isn't normal. I know BLAST PLUS was a plan that did not come with X1 equipment years ago. It sounds like the agents you spoke with are confused about something. I would call again, and speak with customer solutions. If they mention that you can not get X1 ask to speak with a supervisor. (only a signal problem would make you ineligible for X1, and that is usually because of an unusually long drop AND if you have multiple X1 boxes) They even have filters and different tools to boost the signal as well. So without being at the address physically, there should be no way an agent could say you can't have X1.. With that being said, the fact that X1 wouldn't be available (which is very likely incorrect) would not stop you from getting a new plan. (There are customers who are setup with legacy equipment on newer plans) Hopefully an employee can help you out here instead.
Expert

@Jmvega83 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello Jmvega83. I can assist with reviewing your account and plan options available to you. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.