Community Forum

Lies, conflicting stories and failure to serve new customers.

New Poster

Lies, conflicting stories and failure to serve new customers.

As president of a 20 unit condominium in Cape Coral, FL I have been working with owners as they solve individual problems with service in the building. Nearly every install technician who comes to connect a new owner of a unit has a different reason for the problems. In most cases they now want to replace the cable from your junction box to the unit. It is funny that the prior owners had no problems with their service as little as two weeks previously when they moved out. Running cable through the attic is easy to do but most of your people sent out to do this have issues once they get into the attic and say it can't be done. Two of them have completed this task quickly and said the attic is no problem at all. Who is correct and who is lazy??  In the four cases where the new cable has been run it has taken between three and seven months for a contractor to get out and actually do the job. One of those cables was installed on December 12th. On December 13th the installer was out to connect the boxes and while in the attic he broke our main water line doing over $30,000 in damage to two units, our attic insulation and our water fresh water system. I personally filed a claim for all damage at your local office the day of the damage. I was told that we would hear a response "in a couple of days". To protect our homes and so we didn't have to go to a motel, we had a disaster clean up/dry out company and our plumber out that day to fix the broken pipe and protect against mold so we could continue to live in our homes. To date you, COMCAST, have not yet even had the courtesy to respond with an acknowledgement of responsibility. It is now is January 27th. The first response to the claim was six days later when the owner whose unit was being connected got a call from the very scared nice young man who actually did the damage asking if the problems had been addressed. He was told no by the upset homeowner.  After that a "manager" from the contractor started giving us gibberish that the estimates from our trusted contractor (the dry in company used frequently by our condo management company) were way more than the young man could afford to pay. This manager has even said he wants to have his friend's company do the work. We are willing to listen to any reasonable proposal but so far no names, no written proposals, and no contractor references that the owners and association can evaluate and check the background of for whoever your subcontractor would have do the work. Of course we still have nothing in writing saying anyone is taking any responsibility. In fact, we don't even know who the responsible people are in management at your sub-contractor. They are like a ghost in business. Their name has been mentioned by me to others who do work for you and we have been told that they, "the worst of all the Comcast subcontractors"  and several similar statements. There are lots of other parts to this over two year journey we have had since one owner had trouble with their service and your subcontractor damaged the wiring ($1,000) for our night light system on the property while stringing bare cable across the property and up a gutter downspout into the attic. Please start by having an appropriate management person contact me and I will be happy to share additional examples of terrible basic customer services. More importantly, please just have a responsible person contact us to help solve our several current issues.  The local office manager has my contact information!

Thank you for listening. 

Official Employee

Re: Lies, conflicting stories and failure to serve new customers.

Hi Camelotpresiden,

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get this taken care of. I'd like to review your account further, and try to get more answer to the questions you have regarding your claim. In order to access your account, could you please verify your first and last name, the full street address and the full account number or the phone number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.